• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Do Androids Dream of Funkadelic Sheep? (Blade Runner Grindhoused)

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The center channel was mostly clean (BR Workprint version) and in some scenes even cleaner than the theatrical.

Eyepainter

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's the standard size I am aiming for (for my own needs, cause I burn all of my edits on BD). I do not share it because no one seems to be interested anyway :p

About re-scoring - does Blade Runner have a clean/mostly clean central channel? Alien was about 80% (or even more) clean, so it was quite easy to re-score.
Fair enough! I've never burned my edits to BD because 1. I've never done it before, 2. My computer is running out of space, and 3. My edits aren't hip with the kids (at least, not right now).

Anyway, I'm charting into territory I don't know very well, so I think I'll keep quiet on storage size for now. I have faith that the edit is gonna be great regardless of how big or small the file is!

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched it earlier today, but keep in mind I have very bad day (some intestinal sensations, ugh...).

So, first thing - very nice trailers (what was the voice?), especially the second one, and opening grindhouse footage as well. As for the look - sometimes I felt that some of the print damage looks a little too soft compared to the actual footage (and some of the overlays felt like being on quite a short loop), but it didn't really diminish the experience.

Even if it was shorter (and different - some deleted footage incorporated) I've felt somehow that is as long as original, but it may be because subjective reasons mentioned earlier. Also, it looks like (and I was expeting that) you were going for more accurate grindhouse feel than I usually do. So, all the music from 60-70s etc. That's not a bad thing at all, but I feel that using more variety of music helps to highlight some scenes a little. Here, sometimes I felt that there is a similar feel most of the time which was a little bit tiring sometimes. On the other hand, the music worked well most of the time, sometimes even great. Also, I'd put some more music into the ending, because there was quite a long period of time with no music at all if I remember correctly.

I've also felt, that the music used fits Blade Runner and the mood of the movie a little too much. Almost like something that could be there originally, that is an advantage (because, well, it works) and disadvantage at the same time, because when the change of tone isn't that big, the experience doesn't feel so much different than watching the original. Some nice touches here and there make me laugh (or at least smile, as laughing isn't too good idea for me today), like some of the dialogue from long-nosed JF Sebastian's little friend, or Pris acrobatics.

Overall, very nice, stylish version of the all time classic, which I've really enjoyed, with some nice ideas included, but maybe just a little to close to the original movie's feel. I had some plans for BR grindhouse too, but after watching it, I think I'll shelve them for some time cause there's no need to forcing the open door.

PS. a single flash-frame at 1:06:20, with some guy from extra features :)

Last edited:

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for watching and all the comments. Both voices for the trailers were me.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I went into this thinking that I wasn't going to like it and couldn't wait to shred your edit for committing blasphemy against my third favorite movie of all time. There are some issues which I will pm you about but not as many as I was expecting. Not even close.

And you know what?

My partner and I both enjoyed your twisted take on this classic. She really liked it. We both loved the trailers and retro vibe of the opening sequence.

So now, I will go back and watch it again with a more critical eye. Thanks for sharing!

Cool freaking title!

krausfadr

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PS. a single flash-frame at 1:06:20, with some guy from extra features
And much thanks for this. I'll verify and of course remove (or extend it by multiple frames and put a unicorn horn on his head lol). I've watched it so many times and another set of eyes is so helpful.

Top Bottom