• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Dnytle's Fan Covers

Dnytle

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is gonna be a place for me to post some fan covers I made, hopefully you like it.

I started off with @"Aztek463"’s fanedit of Spectre
ixwekmnen7n01.png

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two very nice covers there, they remind me a lot of the Warner Bros VHS covers back in the 90s. Very professional looking :)

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i also did these covers over on my thread, if youd like to take a look

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
should disc artwork have a hole in the middle? I would recommend adding the hole to make sure the image still looks right with that part gone.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
RollWave said:
should disc artwork have a hole in the middle? I would recommend adding the hole to make sure the image still looks right with that part gone.

Actually, I wouldn't recommend adding a whole, or white space on the outside of the disc. A full square image is best, so you don't have issues with bleed. Use white overlays as a separate layer when creating the disc, so you know everything lines up properly, but disable before rendering to your final JPG file.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TIFF or GTFO.

I used JPG in the statement above because it's what most people use.

PNG is great for crisp lines between solid colors (content that is easily saved in vector format), as the comic amusingly illustrates, but for photos, TIFF or even BMP would be better.

aaaaanywho...

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
Actually, I wouldn't recommend adding a whole, or white space on the outside of the disc. A full square image is best, so you don't have issues with bleed. Use white overlays as a separate layer when creating the disc, so you know everything lines up properly, but disable before rendering to your final JPG file.

I thought I was working from the template from here, but if I was, I must be using a really old one, since I just checked and the one up in resources is exactly as you describe. The version I was using had a neon green disc shape, not a white mask for the outer edges. Easy change though, just remove the layer mask i was applying and my disc cover is now a full square png. Thanks.

Sorry to hijack your thread dnytle.

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those look awesome! Very professional. Love the Spectre one. :)

Top Bottom