• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DL Ripping Problems with DVDDecrypter

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ive been trying all evening to get the starship troopers vobs into demuxed mpegs with dvddecrypter and every time i try all i get is corrupted files :x the end is at the beginning and after about 20mins the video is just black screen.

anybody got any ideas? or is there another way to create a single demuxed video and audio file other than using decrypter?

i did manage to rip it if i turned on file splitting but i want it all in one file for easy editing.

for ripping an demuxing first i rip the files into vob's using dvdfab decrypter then i use pcgdemux on the vob files to split them into individual audio and video tracks

does dvdfab allow you to rip the vobs into one file that can be then demuxed?

no it rips it into multiple vob's but then when you open pcgdemux (a separate program) it will ask you which set of vob's to do usually the main movie will be 1_01 or something along those lines. Pcgdemux will then take all the movie vob's and separate them into one video file and one audio file.

DVDDecrypter has an option to stop it from splitting files... Tools > Settings > IFO Mode tab > Options > File Splitting: None ...now will this help the demux process, I dunno.

NexPhr3ak0r said:
no it rips it into multiple vob's but then when you open pcgdemux (a separate program) it will ask you which set of vob's to do usually the main movie will be 1_01 or something along those lines. Pcgdemux will then take all the movie vob's and separate them into one video file and one audio file.

thanks dude, will give it a go!

still get same problem of corrupted video, the audio seems ok though. gonna try clonedvd see if that works.

why would you want all vobs as one actually?

i dont necessarily want the vobs all in one, just the final mv2 and ac3 demuxed files that i can load into womble.

i dont know what im doing wrong as HL2 worked pretty much first time, i might just give up and encode it to an avi and then demux from there. i dont really wanna do this though as the difference in quality when i changed from an avi of HL2 to the mpegs was amazing!

womble can work with vob parts. Still if you want to get a demuxed m2v and ac3, how about pgcdemux? Use anydvd to rip to your harddrive. And then pgcdemux to get the m2v and audio files.

you can load the normal vobs in womble

tried pgcdemux, but it kept bombing out at around 15% saying the IFO had finished unexpectedly. so gave up after three tries.

think i might possibly have sorted it. will report back when i know.

i think it was because i didnt run the m2v file through wombles GOP fixer after i did this the m2v matches the audio perfectly. reasoni didnt try this earlier was because HL2 ripped perfectly first time and i didnt need to woryy about the GOP.

One of my absolutely essential pieces of software is a fantastic transcoder called Canopus Procoder. I saw today that Version 3 has been released, but I've only used V2.

For a job like yours, it is an absolute snap. Split the VOBs, feed in the name of the first one, choose the output fomat (you probably want MPEG Elementary Streams, and voila!

Try it and I think you won't be disappointed.

Cheers

thanks man, will give it a try!!

Back
Top Bottom