• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Disappeared Faneditors We Would Like to See Return

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, realize this is quite an old topic, I'm just out of the loop. What... happened? To Boon, exactly?
Is there a reason it isn't mentioned anywhere? (like, if this is a forbidden topic, simply say the word and I'll drop it)
Boon comes around from time to time. Whatever the reason for the founder of the forum to take a very lengthy absence is not really a mystery it's just no one's business, including myself. 😁

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry, realize this is quite an old topic, I'm just out of the loop. What... happened? To Boon, exactly?
Is there a reason it isn't mentioned anywhere? (like, if this is a forbidden topic, simply say the word and I'll drop it)

Read his signature and draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon comes around from time to time. Whatever the reason for the founder of the forum to take a very lengthy absence is not really a mystery it's just no one's business, including myself. 😁
Boon23 left because he was fed up with staff and site issues at the time. He was done with the site and wanted to move on with his life. I've spoken to him since, and while he has had his niggles with some small aspects of the site, there has been no lingering bad blood. Not sure why anyone wants to stir a pot of conflict that doesn't really exist. I know that myself and the staff greatly appreciate Boon's wonderful contribution to the fanedit community, and all the hard work he and his staff put into building it.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Boon23 left because he was fed up with staff and site issues at the time. He was done with the site and wanted to move on with his life. I've spoken to him since, and while he has had his niggles with some small aspects of the site, there has been no lingering bad blood. Not sure why anyone wants to stir a pot of conflict that doesn't really exist. I know that myself and the staff greatly appreciate Boon's wonderful contribution to the fanedit community, and all the hard work he and his staff put into building it.

The same way there is no bad blood between us, Reave?

Boon23 is a diplomat. He's not interested in conflict. He let his signature speak for itself when he left and when I see TV Frink brush it aside and imply that it's misleading, in response to someone who literally spoke to him last weekend, it's delusional at best and presumptuous at worst.

You should see this not as a conflict but as an opportunity to make things right and to devote a page to him and / or to the history of fanedit.org. Is it that hard? He deserves it and the community deserves it.

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wasn't trying to be a part of all of this. I was just trying to caution Silver Screen Samurai away from bringing it back up.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The same way there is no bad blood between us, Reave?
This is better suited in a PM.
You should see this not as a conflict but as an opportunity to make things right and to devote a page to him and / or to the history of fanedit.org. Is it that hard? He deserves it and the community deserves it.
I'm a post Boon member so I can't speak to their influence or impact other than I'm grateful this place exists.. I'm also not sure what you mean by making things right and the deserving comments. Personally, the site is more than any one person. Boon is a member and is always free to share what they had done to create and maintain the community.
It sounds like a private conversation with the individuals who understand what might be referenced is the best course of action rather than posting for all to see who are not involved or understand what you are referring to.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"I am a bit disappointed that my history on fanedit.org is nowhere mentioned anymore. It was 5 years of my life."

I guess I've always been at a loss for what part of Boon23's history had been erased by the current staff. I don't remember scrubbing the site of any history, but if that's the case, I'll find out directly from Boon23. I certainly never meant to erase him, and again, I'm very thankful for his site and the forum.

I've long wanted the site to have a history-of page, as well as check in with Boon23, ADM and other early members and staff of the site in the form of a transcribed interview or podcast, but other parts of the site have kept us busy, and it's always fallen to the back burner. Maybe now is the time to do that. I'll check in with Boon23 and see what happens.

Silver Screen Samurai

Reaction score
Trophy Points
@DigModiFicaTion, @ArtisDead, and basically everyone, I'm really sorry I brought this up.
I didn't realize this was a topic with so much existing tension behind it, and I can see I've stirred up a rather unpleasant pot. That's not really fair for you guys as mods to have to deal with, as I'm sure you have a lot better things to do than manage forums fights over what seems like a long since settled conflict.

Sorry for stirring up those emotions, certainly not what I intended.
I promise to refrain from bringing up or speaking on this topic again.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry for stirring up those emotions, certainly not what I intended.
Don’t worry about it. I don’t think anyone here realized there was so much animosity regarding this issue.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I highly doubt Boon’s ego is so fragile he himself is demanding a special page honoring him. Sounds to me more like a protective friend. We’ll let Reave and Boon discuss it privately decide on something.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Don’t worry about it. I don’t think anyone here realized there was so much animosity regarding this issue.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I highly doubt Boon’s ego is so fragile he himself is demanding a special page honoring him. Sounds to me more like a protective friend. We’ll let Reave and Boon discuss it privately decide on something.

You are absolutely correct. All this is behind Boon. There is no ego at work here. This is all on me. I didn't appreciate TV Frink's comments so I reacted and here we are. He's not exactly known to be tactful and I have a strong personality so of course drama ensues. I'm sorry if my replies made you feel bad, @Silver Screen Samurai . You did nothing wrong.

I know what it's like to run fanedit.org; it's a lot of work and you're all generously giving your time to make it work. I trust that one day Boon will get proper credit somewhere for everything he did. Meanwhile I'll let the dust settle and go back to work on my own projects. I'll be back.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We anxiously await your next edit. Still waiting on that blue macaroni and cheese edit...until then...here is a nice bluebird.

View media item 730

Last edited:

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"I am a bit disappointed that my history on fanedit.org is nowhere mentioned anymore. It was 5 years of my life."

I guess I've always been at a loss for what part of Boon23's history had been erased by the current staff. I don't remember scrubbing the site of any history, but if that's the case, I'll find out directly from Boon23. I certainly never meant to erase him, and again, I'm very thankful for his site and the forum.

That's what his signature says, but it isn't true. Every single page on this site has a footer that says "Fanedit.org was originally created and run by boon23".

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's what his signature says, but it isn't true. Every single page on this site has a footer that says "Fanedit.org was originally created and run by boon23".
That was added a while back and thank you for pointing it out, but it's really not necessary to keep this off topic conversation going. Back to topic or the thread will be closed. Thank you.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is why I always try to download edits I'm interested in even if I don't have the time to watch right then before they disappear.

Top Bottom