• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Disappeared Faneditors We Would Like to See Return

Just ribbing you :)
I'm actually inspired by your ability to stick with it. I have edits that are sitting still and I just can't muster up the same sustained focus.

Well, I can report that njvc is doing quite well out in the real world, but in spite of my encouragement is uninterested in returning to the forum or fanediting. We remain close friends and in regular contact and even hung out just before Covid changed the world (which was quite the accomplishment since we live on different continents).

He's an enormously creative guy who in addition to his family and professional life is a very talented musician and likes to find ways to express his creativity. I think he eventually exhausted all of the projects he found both interesting and capable of completing so moved on to fill that creative need in other manifestations.

I agree that his not completing the Lovely Bones project was a major bummer, but there are a few projects like that where they never crossed the finish line and the editor departed.

Which reminds me of another faneditor I'd add to that list whom I miss both creatively and just as an all around great person on the board; @El Barto. Another great talent and great contributor.
I am glad he is doing well...I can sympathise regarding the business of life...that's why i've had about 4 edits on the backburner for over a year now. I am not one who can just do a few cuts here and there. If i start editing i go down a rabbit hole and stay there and the family start to send out search parties for me and the kids forget who i am and the divorce papers get pushed under the office door . The hours just go by and i forget to eat ...i think i lost 3lb the week i finished my Ad Astra edit....scrubbing and snipping away. :)

Last edited:
Drifting back to the earlier part of the thread, on IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND, I message people who have reviewed, since they may still have the file if they are also still on the site...had a couple of successes that way.

Is there a wish list? I'd love to get Wolf Dancer...

Drifting back to the earlier part of the thread, on IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND, I message people who have reviewed, since they may still have the file if they are also still on the site...had a couple of successes that way.

Is there a wish list? I'd love to get Wolf Dancer...
I would love to get a couple of CBB edits...
Red Dragon Manhunter and Doom Possessed...

HUH? HAs he changed his avatar, or is he now dining at the BIG TABLE?

I was saying (to Wraith) that they are well acquainted. I said it in that manner because we are well acquainted with each others odd personality. But, to make myself more clear, Hal introduced The Sharkeys Purist edits which, if I'm not mistaken are his own. But he also introduced some or all of the Kerr edits. He's a genius. It wouldn't surprise me if he did all of them and possibly others. Why? You would have to ask him. So...to eliminate confusion...if you unable to reach Kerr, reach out to Hal.

On a slightly related note his Assassination of Julius Caesar edit is incredible. He don't get much acclaim for that one.

I was interested to know if Kerr’s LoTR might get an HD rebuild?

If I had time, I’d do it myself…

I saw Julius Ceaser edit…V V G ! I’d forgotten … it was lost in the great Hard Drive failure….
:(

Back
Top Bottom