• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Diabolique : Alternate Cut

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DIABOLIQUE+-+Alternate+Cut++%5BDr.+Sapirstein+Fan+Edit%5D.png
[FONT=&amp]
DIABOLIQUE : ALTERNATE CUT [576p]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]A husband, his wife, his mistress. All will plot. One will die[/FONT].

[FONT=&amp]The remake of Clouzot's 1957 masterpiece "Les Diaboliques" - now starring Academy Awards nominees Sharon Stone and Isabelle Adjani - is presented here in a significantly revised alternate cut which follows a "less is more" principle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The film is presented in a carefully restored black and white - as per the director's original intent - and is bereft of 23 minutes of weak and largely useless material. Inane dialogue, fruitless sub-plots and gaping holes in the story have been removed to present a more intense and potent thriller.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The ludicrously over-the-top ending has also been removed and replaced with a much more blunt ending which is more in keeping with the original Clouzot version.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
* MP4 [1.9 gb], 1996 (film), 2013 (alternate cut)
* Video: B&W, widescreen 1.85:1, h264, 2800k/s, 720x576, 25fps.
* Run Time: 84mn (alt. cut), 107mn (original cut)
* Audio: English, Stereo 2.0, AAC, 256k/s[/FONT]
* [FONT=&amp]Imdb[/FONT]

vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h20m02s71.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h19m51s218.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h20m54s83.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h22m16s131.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h21m59s220.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h22m33s42.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h23m31s110.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h24m36s250.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h25m29s10.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h27m08s233.png
vlcsnap-2013-03-13-18h28m47s200.png

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NSFW image removed. Please be reminded this is a PG-13 forum.

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry about the nude + boob shots, mate. It didn't occur to me it could be a problem.:icon_e_surprised:

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not a big deal, but the rules do prohibit nudity. Thanks.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got the theatrical cut of this on one of those Warner Bros. "4 Film Favorites" DVD's but I have yet to watch it. Might have to give it a viewing and then check this one out as well. Any plans for a DVD release, or are you sticking to an .mp4 only release?

havok1977

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Haven't even thought about this movie in years, I watched it when it first came out and I was kinda ho-hum about it, perhaps a re-watch is in order.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huge fan of the original here. Was disappointed by the remake.

Color me interested in this b&w fanedit.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ What the blue dude said.

Dr. Sapirstein keeps giving me wonderful surprises, both regarding choices of source (outside-the-box, which is how I like 'em) and results, which are always solid. Will be checking out both this and Amazon Women ASAP.

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Guess im downloading this since i own almost all of Dr. Saps edits, and have much respect for all his work.

S

steFANedit

quite some time since I saw this movie....remember watching is as a kid on TV (started when
they where about to kill the dude)
later bought it on dvd and (like a lot of of "childhood memories") it wasn't as good as I remembered. But seeing this now, didn't know it was a remake.....a cut-list would be great

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steFANedit said:
a cut-list would be great

Sorry, I didn't do one as there were too many cuts to list (over 150 cuts overall). Yes, it's a remake, I strongly recommend everyone to watch the original film by Clouzot (the Criterion release is great), imho one of the best murder-mystery ever.

Hubunkey

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Me and the wife just watched the original on blu-ray tonight and then I see you released a new version of the remake, I gotta check this out

S

steFANedit

dr.sapirstein said:
I strongly recommend everyone to watch the original film by Clouzot (the Criterion release is great), imho one of the best murder-mystery ever.

Okay Hollywood, you just made a few extra bucks thanks to fanediting. Yes it's true, and it's not the first time I can tell you that much. Then after viewing the original, and of course if I can maintain my high hard one, I will with pleasure enter this one.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This was very cool! At last a version of the remake that fans of the Clouzot masterpiece can watch without feeling tempted to shout expletives at the screen every 5 minutes. And it looked great on B&W.

However, why did you leave in the scenes of Kathy Bates investigating on her own and finding the rubber tube and such? Those have no parallel in the original and are kinda spoily actually.

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
However, why did you leave in the scenes of Kathy Bates investigating on her own and finding the rubber tube and such? Those have no parallel in the original and are kinda spoily actually.

Thanks for the review Dwight!
I thought of cutting the two scenes completely (Kathy Bates searching the house, and the garage scene), but her character disappearing suddenly with no explanation (and, most importantly,
without re-appearing at the end of the film to arrest the 2 murderers, like in Clouzot's version
felt a bit short.
That, and the pleasure of seeing Kathy Bates getting "killed", obviously.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Good points. Put that way it does make sense.

Top Bottom