• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DF021: The Godfather Saga: Complete Novel For Television (2 BD's)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This torrent includes the entire restored Godfather Saga as it was shown on AMC. It includes deleted scenes and the chronological version of the first two films.

This was the first and only time that the Saga was broadcast in HD as the Complete Novel For Television.

As a bonus, it includes the following extras:
- TV spots from the original broadcast (NBC)
- Alternate TV opening for the Godfather Part 3 (AMC HD 1080i)
- E!'s Godfather Anniversary Gala (45 minutes 1997)
- Entertainment Tonight's 1997 news report
- 25 Anniversary Godfather Collection trailer

This is a 2 disc set that can be burned to Blu-ray, complete with menus and artwork, courtesy of gencoimporters

thegodfatheranovelforte.jpg

OFFICIAL RELEASE LIST:
DF001: The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark
DF002: Great Movie Stunts: Raiders of the Lost Ark
DF003: The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
DF004: Se7en: Criterion Edition 2 DVD
DF005: The Game: Criterion Edition DVD One (Now commercially available)
DF006: The Game: Criterion Edition DVD Two (Now commercially available)
DF007: Blade Runner: The Director's Cut (2 Disc Set)
DF008: The Making of Superman: The Movie
DF009: The Making of Superman 2
DF010: The Making of Superman 3
DF011: Batman: The Making and Hype of the Movie (1989)
DF012: The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
DF013: HD DVD Demo Disc 1
DF014: HD DVD Demo Disc 2
DF015: The Jaws Archives: Volume 1
DF016: The Jaws Archives: Volume 2
DF017: Bram Stoker's Dracula: Criterion Collection
DF018: Boyz N The Hood: Criterion Collection
DF019 E.T. The Archives Volume 1
DF020: Evita: The Criterion Collection
DF021: The Godfather Saga: Complete Novel For Television (2 BD's)

leighton156

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi
I'm completely new to this forum and was wondering how i go about downloading The Godfather Saga?
I've wanted it in Chronological order for so long!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Toonloon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PM the fan editor responsible for the edit, Leighton, and ask politely if he can point you to a file that is not hosted here at fanedit.org

theslime

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been watching this lately, and I really love it. This is basically Coppola and the editors fanediting themselves (with deleted scenes), even making a lengthy and beautiful tv style intro sequence for each episode to make it into a genuine miniseries. It really works, and while the flashbacks in II were a great counterpoint to Michael's life, placing them first works equally well (although you're robbed of the amazing original opening of the first film).

Just so you know, since it's not really clear from the description, this is not The Godfather Saga 1901-1980/The Godfather Trilogy 1901-1980, which is a chronological re-editing of all three films released on VHS and Laserdisc (I threw away a basically unplayed copy the other day not knowing it's now a collector's item, FML).

This release (DF021) is the first re-edit, originally called The Godfather: A Novel for Television, and released in 1977. I think "Saga" and "Complete Novel" came later.

It's in 1080i HD, 29.97 fps interlaced format. Even with on-the-fly de-telecine working alright, my player and TV likes 24p a lot better, so I actually transcoded and de-telecine'd this to x264 1080p at 23.976 fps for myself. Took about a week running in the background on my slow computer. :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I first saw this extended-cut/saga/trilogy thing when I rented the VHS from my local Library back in the day, big boxset! It was the first time I had seen the godfather. I remember my dad looking at with mild disgust. I think he thought recutting The Godfather was sacrilage, it is his favourite film. GF1 is in my top 5 anyway. Would love to see it again.:)

godfather6co.jpg

Sphinctone1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Would sure love to get my hands on this,especially in HD! (sent pm to faneditor,no answer...yet)

SkywalkerFan01

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know of Leighton's wherabouts? Been wanting to get a hold of this thing for awhile now and haven't been able to reach him.

Top Bottom