• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Dexter

emphatic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
My bad. There's one more season after this.

Is there? Pretty sure I read that this is the last over at AICN.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Huffpo. Your number one source for the latest in Hollywood news.

Guess I need to sack up and start watching the DVD boxset I got for Christmas 5 years ago.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's over? Now I can watch it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Great fucking finale.

I have to disagree. The whole shock/cliffhanger left me saying "Meh". I know it's hard to top season 4's ending, and even last season's ending, but it's like they came up with that ending at the last minute. Like they weren't even trying. The whole season was a disappointment. It started off with a lot of promise, but went downhill real fast. Worst season by far.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Disagree. The Lumen season was the worst by far.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
white43 said:
Disagree. The Lumen season was the worst by far.

The episodes with Jordan Chase in it were good, but yeah, season 5 was pretty terrible. I thought Season 6 was the worst.

Summary of Season 6:

Bullshit happens. Hot blowjob scene. More bullshit. Debra sees Dexter kill.

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me Season 6 felt like:
blah blah, apocalyptic religious bullshit, blah blah, Debra FINALLY!
Though i really liked Father Sam. He was a really cool character

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
5 and 6 were the worst IMO. Though season 7 made up in spades what those two season's lacked.

I just hit episode 5 of season 5 in my rewatching of all the season's. I do have to say that season 5 makes more sense now after seeing season 7 and where they want to take dexter.

I have enjoyed this watch of season 5 so far and i think its because you know the big picture now.

Each season was some part of dexter growing up.

season 1 - blood family
Season 2 - relationships (learning to enjoy fucking is a bonus)
Season 3 - friendship
Season 4 - how to have a family
Season 5 - moving on after losing rita
Season 6 - religion (haven't rewatched this season yet so cant say if the big picture helped this season)
Season 7 - there is no dark passenger

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok I am halfway through my rewatch of season 6. Well sadly i can say season 6 still fucking sucks even with the end game in mind. I do stand by that season 5 was VERY ENJOYABLE with the end game in mind, however I don't think ANYTHING can save season 6. I like brother Sam but other than that this season is pointless

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
juice4z0 said:
I like brother Sam but other than that this season is pointless

Brea Grants Ass > brother Sam. Just sayin`..... I guess the other thing to come from S6 is moving Dexter and Debs forward though you could just as easily reduce Hanks role in later edit to another villain of the week type murder. I'm still quite early into S7 so theres quite a few character arcs that seem relevant from season 6 though as a whole the saeson was weak.

I didn't mind the big reveal at the time, I think I'd just finished the 3rd book, so that trick they pulled was remniscent of the book with the more supernatural elements, but that doesn't carry over well. THe one thing I've always not enjoyed in dexter iis anyrelationship stoires, not family relationships like Dexter/Harry/Deb, but whoever Batista or some other cop is dating. Those were always the boring part of the show for me.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Really been enjoying the final season. First couple episodes were a little rocky but got hooked by Episode 4. Charlotte Rampling's character feels a bit contrived but I'm liking the dyanmic she brings to it. Hoping the finale ends the way I want it.
Dexter should kill himself.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
aWZMyyK_700b.jpg

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you haven't watched the series finale yet don't click the spoiler button.

That ending was a fucking cop-out. They should have just ended it with Dexter dead instead of tacking on that extra ending with him alive in a logging/fishing town. Watching him at the end he seems intent on killing himself to save his family, but with the extra ending it's up in the air. Did he pussy out at the last minute? Was the storm, while severe enough to split his boat in half, not severe enough to kill him? Or was his plan all along just to fake his death? Personally I think the ending would have been more powerful if they had just killed him off. What's the point of having that extra ending showing him alive anyways? It's the fucking series finale for fuck's sakes. It's not like they've got another season coming up next year.

How bad was that cgi when he's on his boat at end? :lol: I felt like I was watching a scene from SyFy movie. :lol:

And why did he steal Debra's body from the hospital and bury her at sea? It makes no sense. And NOBODY saw him do it either. Come on!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't watched it and I clicked button. Fuck, but whatever. This season has pretty much sucked. I figured they'd do something like that.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please tell me you're kidding. :lol: Why would you want it ruined before watching it?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Because the last half of this season has really sucked and I needed to know if blah blah blah.

Top Bottom