• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DETHKLOK: The Government Tapes Vol. 1

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
THE MOST BRUTAL FANEDIT EVER!!!

what kind of fanedit: true fanedit = TF
tagline: The most BRUTAL fanedit ever!!!
original film name: Metalocalypse Season 1
new film name : Dethklok: The Government Tapes, Volume 1
film studio name : adult swim/Cartoon Network
edit crew name : stomachworm
Date Original Film Was Released : 2007
Date Edit Was Released : August 3, 2008
Original Runtime : Approximately 230 minutes
New Runtime : 108 minutes 34 seconds
Amount of time Cut/Added : 127 minutes
Cuts removed/added/extended :
+ Cut scenes of the band at home.
+ Added 3 band interviews
-Fans (split into 2 segments)
-Family
-Education (edited)
+ Added/Edited Skwisgaar Master Class segment
+ Added Extended bass solo
+ Added "Mordhaus Tours" (trimmed)
+ Edited the word videooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
+ Added uncensored groupie scene (topless)
+ Added new captions describing footage.
Your intention for this fanedit: To focus on the government conspiracy angle of Metalocalypse. Now we don't see all of the goings on in Mordhaus. We see some of what the spies see and we see what the public sees. Some footage around Mordhaus is used but we call that "surveillance" footage. It's presented as a government reel of footage might be compiled. I hope you like it, I thought it was a cool idea but I've been wrong before.
Your way to achieve your intention: Cut interior shots of Dethklok in Mordhaus.
Additional Comment: For so long now I've been bored to tears with the state of the music scene. It's all either 14 year old girls who hope to be Madonna someday or these wusses who wish they could rock out. Then I heard Dethklok!!! Putting the power of their hate squarely in their music. BRUTAL METAL at it's finest. This is music that I can get up and hate my coworkers to.
Time needed for the edition: ? 30 hours ?
persons involved: stomachworm

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you kidding me? That's awesome! Dude. Lemme know if there's gonna be a torrent. I love Dethklok/Metalocalypse. :D

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I still find it hard to believe that the most brutal band playing music today is a friggin' cartoon! I forgot to add the DVD Rom folder to the .rars so I will upload that folder seperately. The DVD Rom folder will consist of music tracks lifted from the show. These are different versions from the released Dethalbum I believe. (At the very least they are all edits.)

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blacker than the blackest black times infinity!!!

It's being tweaked here and there for stray frames and audio malfunctions. I have found my old "Psuedo Soundtrack" files for the Rom folder. (They were on a different computer.) These tracks were recorded from tv caps [xvid] with Roxio Audio Recorder>wav>FLAC. Should have this DVD all worked out for the weekend. METAL!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
since I have no idea what Deathlok is...
is this a movie? Are these music videos?

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
since I have no idea what Deathlok is...
is this a movie? Are these music videos?
Sorry boon, I always forget about the cultural differences. Metalocalypse is a 12 minute cartoon about the death metal band Dethklok. This edit is from season 1. Season 2 is not available yet.
from Wikipedia...
Dethklok is both a virtual death metal band,[1] and a band featured in the Adult Swim animated program Metalocalypse, created by Brendon Small and Tommy Blacha. The band is sometimes cited as an example of "comedy rock" on par with bands such as GWAR and Spinal Tap. The first Dethklok album was released on September 25, 2007, entitled The Dethalbum. The music heard on Metalocalypse is performed by Brendon Small, with others as needed. Small and drummer Gene Hoglan performed on the album.[2] The album debuted at #21 on the Billboard Top 200 list.
Their myspace page...
http://www.myspace.com/dethklok Check 'em out.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks for the explanation. Now I am smarter than before. :)

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:evil: You people out there give us something more than just record sales, you give us something to hate and we hate you - you brainless mutants. :evil:

COMPLETED!!!

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fairly speedy download (avg about 90k according to uT), reciprocating with an avg upload speed of 127k. Of course, the peaks are much higher, as it's still downloading, so it's all fluctuating. No max on upload, and I peak right around 250k. Will seed 4:1 at max speed initially, and see where it needs to be after that.

Oh yeah, and most importantly of all, THANKS! Haha. Thanks for the edit, and for catering to those of us less fortunate (torrenters :p) heh.

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
twistd101 said:
Fairly speedy download (avg about 90k according to uT), reciprocating with an avg upload speed of 127k. Of course, the peaks are much higher, as it's still downloading, so it's all fluctuating. No max on upload, and I peak right around 250k. Will seed 4:1 at max speed initially, and see where it needs to be after that.

Oh yeah, and most importantly of all, THANKS! Haha. Thanks for the edit, and for catering to those of us less fortunate (torrenters :p) heh.

Glad to oblige. (Besides, my edits need as much exposure as they can get.) It was a b*tch getting this one going but now it seems to be upping steadily, slowly (85kb/s) but steadily.

matty303

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Have downloaded from rapidshare and will help seed the torrent

whiplash

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is soo brutal please seed this on Demonoid, nobody's seeding it!! i will seed for a while and after i get it i will up a post about it on Dethklok.org

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Code:
hey so i'm probably an idiot, but i grabbed this from RS and it unpacked fine, but says its ~160mb OVER a SL DVD (without the FLAC album, too).

am i missing something? or is this really a DL disc?

of course when i unpacked and it said "all ok" i deleted all the rar files UGH

here is the md5 sum of the disc:
4b3479b3a43713428dee744f6a78b1cc *VIDEO_TS.BUP
4b3479b3a43713428dee744f6a78b1cc *VIDEO_TS.IFO
cd58be74260c52d7bc6efeeafeeccc09 *VTS_01_0.BUP
cd58be74260c52d7bc6efeeafeeccc09 *VTS_01_0.IFO
4832396495a07d47d7b3d2d0db43be7b *VTS_01_1.VOB
fac47f4ab8375bb8462eedbf66daae50 *VTS_01_2.VOB
2fbfd00a51e3f6196c7239dbd7d92586 *VTS_01_3.VOB
db97e3beb85f564ad80cd9cf7579c07e *VTS_01_4.VOB
e4bf454ed3fba739980893d00f5a1706 *VTS_01_5.VOB

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think that it probably IS technically a DL. I think that I forgot to shrink it before upping it. Sorry 'bout that chief.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ah well at least i know i'm not crazy now! :)

so... i hope you don't mind, but i re-encoded the audio (was LPCM) to AC3 @ 448kbps with aften (should be overkill quality) to fit everything (including the pseudo soundtrack, which is a pretty fun addition to the dethalbum).

stomachworm

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
joebshmoe said:
ah well at least i know i'm not crazy now! :)

so... i hope you don't mind, but i re-encoded the audio (was LPCM) to AC3 @ 448kbps...
Firstly joeb, I think the jury may still be out as to whether or not you are crazy but in this particular instance you are okay. Secondly, no I don't mind the re-encode. I am always just glad that I can put together a project that people want. I hope that you enjoy it. It seems that you had to do some work to get it. ;)

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is awesome. Great idea and well executed. The only problem I had was that some of the title cards came and went rather quickly and it made them hard to read, but who cares? It's Dethklok!

\m/

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i especially enjoyed a typo... "Dethkok" :) :)

i haven't seen the whole edit (waiting to watch it with my friend who is a big fan), but liked what i saw.

Top Bottom