• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Desperado: The Grindhouse Cut

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As a follow up to my From Dusk Till Dawn/The Getaway idea (that Edit still needs some audio work and some more trims) I will also get Desperado some Grindhouse treatment.

I started this Edit during the holidays and I have changed a lot of things here.

I have removed most of the scenes with Bucho and his gang to make him appear more dangerous.
Less is more is my opinion.
Some scenes are really silly like the telephone scene when he don't know the number to the phone in the car and later starts to shoot his own crew.

So far I have cut out 31 minutes and there maybe will be more.

The new running time is 73 minutes so the pacing is pretty high.

Here's the first 8 minutes of the edit.

Some scenes are really silly like the telephone scene when he don't know the number to the phone in the car and later starts to shoot his own crew.

Well, Grindhouse SHOULD be silly.

Also, you could improve on this grindhouse effect a little.
I am no longer that happy with what I've done with JL Grindhouse in that aspect - it just doesn't look natural enough (maybe I will re-do visuals for it one day), and it's quite similar situation here. Maybe bigger variety of damage effects could help. Some overlays maybe? Also - grain? More contrast?

Last edited:
Well, Grindhouse SHOULD be silly.

Also, you could improve on this grindhouse effect a little.
I am no longer that happy with what I've done with JL Grindhouse in that aspect - it just doesn't look natural enough (maybe I will re-do visuals for it one day), and it's quite similar situation here. Maybe bigger variety of damage effects could help. Some overlays maybe? Also - grain? More contrast?

Thanks @Gieferg

Yes maybe I Will crank up the dirt and damage at some places to give it more variety.

Well I Will still cut out a lot of Bucho to get a higher pacing and the most silly things Will go.

I love Desperado, and I look forward to seeing what you do with this!

I love Desperado, and I look forward to seeing what you do with this!

Thanks @Jrzag42

Aiming for a fast paced version
I Will crank up the damage & dirt
Maybe some more rescore
And trim down Bucho (yes Grindhouse might be silly but I think some scenes are too silly atleast for me)

trying a new look for the edit!
a little darker, washed out colors and a little more grain and damage.

this clip removes two scenes with Bucho and just follows El Mariachi

I have a Test version ready for pre-view if anyone is interested!
This version has a high pacing with a running time of 77min.

New Trailer!
The edit is almost finished now.

Back
Top Bottom