• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Desperado: Grindhouse Cut:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have very mixed feelings about this edit. The original is a great film and this edit works fantastically as a grindhouse version...... but the added film grain and artefacts (scratches/dirt etc) are far too heavy for my taste, to the point that around halfway through I was avoiding looking directly at the screen (and even considered watching without my glasses but ended up skipping through to the fight scenes). If you can handle this level of noise then give it a try, but otherwise stick to the original. Overall, the action is still great, and the audio seemed slightly off by just a couple of milliseconds but I'm assuming that's intentional for the grindhouse feel. I really wanted to love this, but I just couldn't. I've therefore left the video/audio quality score at a 10 but put the video edit at 5 and the enjoyment at 3, because I think that's the best way to balance the editor's technical achievements against their artistic decision detracting from it.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom