• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Desert Island Fanedits...

Metrostar

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought this might be fun (and frustrating!).

The BBC have a very long-running radio show called Desert Island Discs which "Guests are invited to imagine themselves cast away on a desert island, and to choose eight pieces of music, originally gramophone records, to take with them. At the end of the programme they choose the one piece they regard most highly." ( Quote from Wikipedia).

So what I thought we could do is say what our Desert Island Fanedits are and list them here in this thread. In the tradition of that great old radio show, we should keep it to eight Fanedits.

I think it will be ok to post more than once to review your choices as new Fanedits come along. I don't think the Fanedits have to be in any particular order. I think it's ok to choose Fanedits that have more than one part or discs. Anyone want to play?

My eight Desert Island Fanedits are...

1. Pearl Harbor by ADM
2. Jaws The Sharksploitation Edit by The Man Behind The Mask
3. Northwest Passage by Q2
4. The Matrix Dezionized by CBB
6. Star Wars Revisited by Adywan
7. The Ridiculous Menace by TV's Frink
8. Titanic The Jack Edit by CBB

The edit I regard most highly is Star Wars Revisited by Adywan. Of course. :)

Neat topic! I'll have to think about this for a bit.

Metrostar said:
7. The Ridiculous Menace by TV's Frink

Thanks! :)

Right off the top of my head and in no particular order:

(fe) la vie
(fe) la vie 2.22
SCUM
Die Hard 4 by Uncanny
Prison Break trilogy

Hmmm...I guess I'd go with...
Prison Break Trilogy
Terminator 3: The Coming Storm
Godfather: Chronological Edit
SW: Revisited
And this is without really thinking too much about it or going back to look at any lists.

(This seemed like a good thread to bump.)

Neg's Top 10 Fanedits of 2012

10) (TIE) Teen Wolf – Pamelicious Edition & Mars Attacks! From Space!

Mark Moore's Teen Wolf commentary started my passion for commentaries. And reave's edit is one of the funnest I've watched in a while.

9) Final Nightmare: The Horror Cut

(Yeah, this is part of the bigger FvJ edit I was in involved in. Sue me.)

Man, I really loved this edit. In my eyes Juice brought Freddy back to his roots. I badly want Juice to re-edit all the Nightmare sequels to make me fall in love with Freddy all over again.

8) Assassination of Jesse James: The Dime Novel Cut

One of the best first-time fanedits I've seen. This is the epitome of a "FanFix" for me. Taking a movie with so much potential and trimming the fat to make it better.

7) Suspiria: Restored and Preserved Edition

I love Suspiria to death so I'm still giddy that Dr. Sapirstein made this, months after watching it.

6) Batman: Descent Into Mystery

Made me forget one of my favorite child hood movies almost completely.

5) Where The Wild Things Are: Wild Rumpus Edition

There is so much here for me to love. The music. Having a Where The Wild Things Are movie that lives up to the original book. That commentary track. njvc's beard. All of it is perfect.

4) Jaws III: Monster

I don't know if anybody has ever been as passionate about the art of fanediting as LastSurvivor is here. This is a treasure.

3) The War of the Stars II – The Future In Motion

This one was so damn good I almost quit because of it.

2) LOST: The Miniseries

Holy shit, have you heard? LOST is 100% fixed. The show is amazing again. The ash circle is complete.

1) 21 Grams Rebalanced

This is the most perfect fanedit I have ever watched. Gatos has shown the power of re-editing a movie. It'd be an insult to write this off as a simple "Chronological Cut".

No particular order, my reasoning is that each of these edits are far superior to their original cuts apart from Love Actually which I just unashamedly love because there's just more of it.

1 Love Actually - Bloated and Flatulent Edition
2 Waterworld – The Ulysses Cut Revised Edition
3 Anchorman Whammy Edition
4 Dune - The Third Stage Edit (honorary mentions go to Dune Alternative Edition Redux and ADM's Dune)
5 From Hell - The Knife Cuts a Little Deeper
6 Reanimator - Reanmated
7 Star Wars Revisited
8 Caddyshack: No Respect

My favourite is, hands down, Dune The Third Stage.

nOmArch said:
8 Caddyshack: No Respect

:icon_e_surprised:

Thanks, that's some illustrious company you've lumped my little edit in with. Glad you liked it.

Back
Top Bottom