• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Denoising / reducing film grain

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any recommended software for this? I tried some freeware without success, and handbrake reduced it slightly but not much.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Topaz does some pretty good de-nosing and de-graning if you set it right

XCgNBT7.png

3NvMD30.png

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've heard good things about topaz, but was hoping for free alternatives. I may give in and purchase topaz if not

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you want to go that route, I have had pretty ok results with https://github.com/k4yt3x/video2x
Open source upscaler that will produce a smoothing effect as a by product of its process. Depending on the model you choose to run, the effect may be more or less pronounced. Some models are intended for upscaling 2d animation.

Top Bottom