• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Deepfake AI Tech Revolutionize Fan Edits

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Declan1974 said:
Here is a nice new one. 

That's pretty cool.. Now lets get some deepfaking of Thomas Ian Griffith  - Terry Silver character

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've had an idea floating around in my head for years regarding a fanedit of Oliver Stone's The Doors movie...using animation and real The Doors concert footage. The idea was to use Richard Linklater type animation but now with the improvement of deep fakes i'd love to see Jim Morrison's face plastered on Val Kilmer's body :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Yeah its good but Brandon's face was the only thing about that film that worked.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I understand that different things cause different people to respond negatively to things. But for me, I’ve never minded a new face as long as the performance is good. I mean deepfaking a young Brando onto Deniro seems sacrilege. No one would do it despite audiences knowing full well what a young Brando would look like. And if the performance is bad, I don’t think any amount of deepfaking would help.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a collection of more of those Tom Cruise deepfakes:

Elby

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This tech is getting so advanced... just imagine in time people will just take and make their own movies off of movies with actors faces or retell the story in their own way. The possibilities are endless really and I am excited for this future.

Cero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Am I the only one here that realised that's Miles Fisher behind the Tom Cruise deepfake?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kirk almost works, but his head is the wrong shape so it doesn't look quite right. I think Chekov might look the best.

ashishkumarji

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as the fan editing community is concerned, I would suspect that as long as the own the source rule is satisfied, people here probably won't care as long as it is done with an eye towards quality presentation. No one makes a fuss if a faneditor rotoscopes an actor into a scene in which they never appeared. vidmate app
mobdro apk

Last edited:

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as the fan editing community is concerned, I would suspect that as long as the own the source rule is satisfied, people here probably won't care as long as it is done with an eye towards quality presentation. No one makes a fuss if a faneditor rotoscopes an actor into a scene in which they never appeared.

Your suspicion is correct. Something being a deepfake is not in itself a positive or negative, so most deepfakes are not even notable. But when one is demonstrative of the process evolving, or one is particularly good, or the idea behind one is clever, it is shared here and the reaction usually is positive or neutral.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's a full head replacement deepfake replacing Henry Cavill with Christopher Reeve. It's far from perfect, but this method shows great promise since it doesn't rely on the actors having similar facial or head structures.

M4_

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Might as well post, here's a deepfake to remove Thorin's wounds in The Hobbit as in my version he no longer duels Azog here (starts at 0:10)

Top Bottom