• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Deepfake AI Tech Revolutionize Fan Edits

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:

addiesin said:
The subject of that article looks a lot like "he" came from here: https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/

Yes it's important for us all to have a healthy level of skepticism going forward because this technology can and will be misused but let's not get into a political debate here please. The thread subject is how deepfake tech could be used in fanedits.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Yes it's important for us all to have a healthy level of skepticism going forward because this technology can and will be misused but let's not get into a political debate here please. The thread subject is how deepfake tech could be used in fanedits.

Right. To clarify my post, I'm not trying to debate or comment on the article's political stance, I just think that site I linked is where the photo probably came from, which I brought up because the author of the article seemed to be stumped as to its origin. I think it's another case of technology that is similar in concept to deepfakes, but not actually a deepfake.

I do think that site could be used for a fanedit with some creativity, maybe you want to cut an actor out but there are photos of them on the walls or something, you could replace them with AI-generated fake photos. But again, it's not, strictly speaking, a deepfake.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the third or fourth deepfake of Pricess Leia in "Rogue One" made by derpfakes (each one that he makes vastly improves on the last), and I think it's nearly perfect now. This one would be good enough to put in a fanedit.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Oh, wow. I'm generally skeptical of such things, but... the fake looks flawless. Like the difference between a wax sculpture and the real person. Most impressive. :cool:

PL.jpg

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
^ Oh, wow. I'm generally skeptical of such things, but... the fake looks flawless. Like the difference between a wax sculpture and the real person. Most impressive. :cool:

PL.jpg

from unsettling to unsettlingly good.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do these guys ever make this stuff available to fan editors?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's a HUGE improvement but there is still some kind of odd non-human lower lip wobble after the line is spoken.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This one is impressive:

Plissken1138

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thankfuly, this tech will be good enough to remove rami malek from latest bond :D

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's going glitchy in a few places but it's still impressive what can be done at home:

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How convincing this is in some shots (especially the ones starting at 4:10) is pretty impressive when you consider the significant differences in head and face shapes.

Declan1974

Reaction score
Trophy Points
However this one really makes you think about the possibilities.

the Deepfake of audio, voice cloning is still a ways away but progress is being made to allow us to recreate Voices based on existing voice captures.

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the best deepfake of Harrison Ford in "Solo: A Star Wars Story" that I've seen so far.

If it was combined with a redub by a good impersonator like in the video below, the total result would be very impressive.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If I remember correctly, those Fixing Disney Star Wars people are planning on deep faking Harrison Ford in addition to the impersonator.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is one of the most photo realistic and natural deepfakes I've yet seen...

...but the comparison shows how much of the original performance is lost.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've seen a couple things putting Michael Keaton's face on Val Kilmer, it looks terrible. I would love to attempt to put Val Kilmer's face over Michael Keaton sometime though.

Top Bottom