• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Deepfake AI Tech Revolutionize Fan Edits

^ Good looking work, not a deepfake though.
Lol... @Siliconmaster @addiesin It is a deep fake, that's why I posted it here.

My friend Eric ran the training for a little over 100,000 iterations for a week to get a "clean" looking Thorin face. This is a preview test clip of the original deep fake, which was then used as a mask to remove his wounds, thus I'd say it was a good usage of deep fake technology to do something in a fan edit

EDIT: Although it is a hybrid of techniques it's not just a pure deep fake, so I can see the confusion

Lol... @Siliconmaster @addiesin It is a deep fake, that's why I posted it here.

My friend Eric ran the training for a little over 100,000 iterations for a week to get a "clean" looking Thorin face. This is a preview test clip of the original deep fake, which was then used as a mask to remove his wounds, thus I'd say it was a good usage of deep fake technology to do something in a fan edit

I stand corrected, my apologies. It does look like something achieved with EbSynth, which people have been mistaking for deepfakes a lot lately. I see I am on the flip side of that coin now. Neat to be wrong, again good work.

Reactions: M4_
I stand corrected, my apologies. It does look like something achieved with EbSynth, which people have been mistaking for deepfakes a lot lately. I see I am on the flip side of that coin now. Neat to be wrong, again good work.
Yeah no problem, since it is a hybrid of techniques it probably seems like just masking at first glance so I get your side.

Oh gotcha, yeah I hadn't seen deep fakes used that way before! Extremely cool footage, I was very impressed.

I’ve finally going to try my hand at deepfakes although my graphic card is way old.

Posted on this thread a while ago about the deepfake in my Hobbit book edit but now that it's approved I'm curious if there are any other fan edits on this site that use deep fakes and have been listed? I doubt I'm the first because of how many edits there are but honestly it's still new and developing tech so I wouldn't be surprised.

Posted on this thread a while ago about the deepfake in my Hobbit book edit but now that it's approved I'm curious if there are any other fan edits on this site that use deep fakes and have been listed? I doubt I'm the first because of how many edits there are but honestly it's still new and developing tech so I wouldn't be surprised.
You're the first. I have some plans for an AI assisted edit but not deepfakes specifically.

Neat. But will add a disclaimer, the deepfake in my edit was used as an overlay to remove a character's wounds with a good amount of masking, so it's not the same as those youtube vids where they fully deepfake an entirely different aged face over someone else. Those I think are just about at the level where it can be pulled off professionally, but the issue is then being able to do that hat for an entire feature length film, not just one scene. (Which is why it works so well for cameo appearances)

I'm looking forward to anyone who may follow in the footsteps of hobbit editing and do deepfakes for old Bilbo/Legolas to de-age them a bit so they look the same as in LOTR. We shall see what the future holds.

Last edited:
Neat. But will add another disclaimer, the deepfake in my edit was used as an overlay with a good amount of masking, so it's not the same as those youtube vids where they fully deepfake an entirely different looking face over someone else.

I'm looking forward to anyone who may follow in the footsteps of hobbit editing and do deepfakes for old Bilbo and Legolas to de-age them a bit so they look the same as in LOTR. We shall see what the future holds.
I think the way you used it is exactly how big movie studios should use it, honestly. As a smart solution to a specific problem, rather than as a feature in and of itself (like for example, recasting Jack Nicholson in The Shining with Jim Carrey, it's cool but there isn't a reason for it, or even a connection beyond both actors playing eccentric villains in Batman movies, the reason is "it's a deep fake, look a the deep fake")

DigModiFicaTion's "Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion (Survival Edition)" uses deepfakes of Peter Cushing and Carrie Fisher.

DigModiFicaTion's "Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion (Survival Edition)" uses deepfakes of Peter Cushing and Carrie FIsher.
Oh yeah, he probably used the one by Shamook definitely an improvement

Are there any older deep fakes that have been improved like great ones done by shamook?

please delete I just realized I might have put so many posts in this thread that the mods are going to get mad I didn’t mean to

Has anyone done a deep fake of the empire strikes back emperor hologram to look the way he does in return of the Jedi?

Has anyone done a deep fake of the empire strikes back emperor hologram to look the way he does in return of the Jedi?
Not that I know of, but Adywan did alter the Special Edition version of that scene featuring Ian McDiarmid to be much better and closer to the original version.

Back
Top Bottom