• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Deepfake AI Tech Revolutionize Fan Edits

It's a mix of digital creations that we are not yet at the stage of, and debatable if we will ever reach that stage to completely replace an actors performance with other via these means.
I believe with the rapid speed of developments in AI video and audio, not only will we reach that stage of replacing an actor, we won’t even need a human actor in the first place to replace, and it’s not going to take another 10 years to get there.

This is largely why there is still an actor’s strike going on right now. Corporate Hollywood wants actors to sign over their digital rights, knowing full well what AI will be capable of in the next few years. The studios intend to put A-list actors in movies digitally, and the actors are not accepting that fate without a fight.

What ever happened to that war movie that was announced, starring a cgi James Dean?

i saw someone on youtube fix the bad face of arnold from the terminator, when he is looking in the mirror and taking out his eyeball, they fixed his face really well and it now looks just like arnold now, and not a dummy.has anyone done this for the movie alien? the part where the android is on the table, and they show ripley trying to reconnect him.his face just looks so fake, deepfake could really fix that scene.

Yes, it's incredible technology... I hope they use it for the feature film on Michael Jackson they're making ^^ But for fans and fan films, it opens up new horizons...

Back
Top Bottom