• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

December 2020 FEOTM Run-off

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like we've got ourselves another run-off! This time between @"Wakeupkeo" and @"lapis molari".

There-can-be-only-one-Highlander.gif

Voting will last 7 days.

bondmillennium-front-69-1608754972.jpg

The World is Not Enough: Millennium Edition by lapis molari
James Bond's 1999 adventure, The World Is Not Enough, is a mixed bag. Interesting ideas and a largely coherent plot, buried under an overdose of 1990's action flick, Roger Moor-ish one-liners, and too much effort to misdirect the audience as to who the main villain is. Brosnan plays Bond much closer to Daniel Craig's roughness than to Roger Moore's suaveness. But he's given so many cheesy Moore lines that this Bond feels tediously immature. This can be improved!

bvs-outsider-front-20-1607271475.jpg

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Part 2 - The Consequences Edit by WakeUpKeo
Over the years and especially since the pandemic, these movies have been polished and honed repeatedly. They have been compared with the original films again as well as the TM2YC, and Mr. Blue edits as well, for any remaining opportunities. Over the past three years and countless viewings, every viewing revealing more opportunities for making the edit just a little better, I now have two edits I can watch completely though without feeling the need to adjust anything.

This poll closes on February 8th. 

Please note:
  • Voting is limited to active members who have been registered for more than a month and have a minimum of 5 posts.
  • Faneditors are not allowed to vote for their own edit.
  • Faneditors are not allowed to solicit votes by PMing users or promoting the poll in other forums or social sites.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, I hadn't expected my 007 edit to garner votes. Let alone make it to the run-off!

For me this edit wasn't about making a good movie great, which was never gonna happen because of the confines of the source material, but simply about making a frustrating one less frustrating.

Good luck in the run-off, Messrs Batman and Bond. May the best law enforcer win. :)

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
lapis molari said:
Wow, I hadn't expected my 007 edit to garner votes. Let alone make it to the run-off!

Agreed, this is pleasantly unexpected for me as well! Good luck!

And thank you to those who voted! I am honored!

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We might be in danger of another tie here...

726f7762e8aa6cc3230e286031f67609.gif

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bridesmaid.jpg

All good, I already set my expectations low LOL

Top Bottom