• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Death Sentence. A edit of Death Wish 1 & 2

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally back tonight to my place
From Monday i work on 2 projects:

This is the first:

DEATH SENTENCE

Already announced in future projects, this is a two in one edit of DEATH WISH 1&2

There are 5 movies of Death Wish, not all of them were good, i think the first two are the best, that's the reason for this edit.
The third one was a little unbelievable but the follow up "The Crackdown" was a good story
The last one was for me a sad experience but it's nice to have them all now on Blu-ray

Well, except for one:  Death Wish II

Back in the eighties i had an uncut edition on video of Death Wish II
After that there was also an uncut edition on DVD but the next releases were suddenly cut
It started back in the nineties that we have to deal with this moral crap, cut in violent scenes and special effects

A Country that was on top of this bullshit was the United Kingdom.
All the movies of Lucio Fulci were mutilated and not in a professional way , No it was ripped out roughly like they done it with a chainsaw 
Back in time i was dependent on import (even now with Blu-ray) so every time it was a disappointment when i saw this censored crap 
Every violent scene of (for example) Evilspeak was cut
An action movie like 48 hours the word "FUCK" and "BULLSHIT" was cut

But even now with the Blu-ray edition of Death Wish II we have to deal with this censorship
The uncut Factory edition will replace this one

For this edit, i restored the attack on the housekeeper and also the attack and killing of Kersey's daughter
The gun sound is heavier in this edit

The running time would be around the two hours

If it all works well I think this is ready by the end of the month 

2nQZcF0.jpg

At the moment i have now of the first Death Wish a rough copy of 68 minutes
I used for the opening the nightmare sequence of Death Wish- The Crackdown also to put there the credits of this edit
I think the opening is perfect because the attack of the woman in the garage is a nightmare of Kersey and after he wakes up then we go 13 years earlier in time to the first happenings in Death Wish
Original music of Jimmy Page and Herbie Hancock but i use also tracks of  Robin Coudert (Maniac 2012) Jay Chattaway (Maniac 1980)  and some Howard Shore tracks 
The gun sound is from Magnums    (357 - 44) 
I use also some slow motion
The cuts are coming up after i finished Death Wish II

Awesome using footage from Crackdown is a great idea. Starts the movie out with a bang so to speak

The Death Sentence edit of Death Wish is almost done

It runs 2 hours and 6 minutes

Some scenes are re-scored with other music and a lot of sound effects

Cuts and changes:

(Death Wish)

- Alternative opening sequence from Death Wish the Crackdown
- Kersey on Hawaii with his wife is trimmed
- Dialogue is trimmed on Kersey's work
- Hospital scene after the attack of his wife and daughter is trimmed
- Funeral of his wife is trimmed
- Kersey entering police station is cut
- A lot is cut or trimmed at the work of Kersey
- There are some scenes cut with his son in law
- A lot of the Arizona trip is trimmed or cut
- Watching the house of Kersey by inspector Ochoa is trimmed
- Some Ochoa scenes are cut
- End scene on the airport is cut
- Some small cuts in the whole movie

(Death Wish 2)

- Alternative opening sequence of Los Angeles footage
- Dialogue is trimmed between Kersey and his girlfriend
- Going away with his daughter is a bit trimmed
- Boat scene with his daughter is cut
- The Attack on the housekeeper is fully restored
- The Attack and killing of the Daughter is fully restored, but somehow a little re-cut by me
- Kersey's girlfriend works on a radio station that is all cut.  (it's only mentioned)
- Watching Kersey again by inspector Frank Ochoa is trimmed/ cut
- Again some scenes are cut of inspector Frank Ochoa 
- Most scenes at the work of Kersey is cut
- Some small cuts in the whole movie

That's it,   The gun of Kersey is the only gun with a re-scored sound effect mostly from a Magnum 44 or a 357

Music of Jay Chattaway, Howard Shore, Jimmy Page , Herbie Hancock and Robin Coudert

Release by the end of the month

This edit is done.
When i saw the final workprint i decided to bring it down to almost 2 hours
So i cut another 6 minutes

Fact is in this cut the girlfriend of Kersey knows nothing of what he has done in New York, so there is no conversation between Ochoa and his girlfriend 
So i cut the part of Jill Ireland to a minimum
I think that this edit is succeeded as a two in one edit and it was a pleasure to work on

I put it Tuesday on Mega and release is next week

Edit released and added to ifdb. Thread moved.

NWR1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom