• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Dead Set (*rare* feature length TV movie cut)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dead Set - TV Movie Cut

FORMAT.......: PAL DVD5
VIDEO..........: 16:9 Widescreen
AUDIO..........: 2.0 Stereo AC3
LANGUAGE.....: English
SUBTITLES....: None

CAPPER.........: el_silloneb
EDITING........: ThrowgnCpr
AUTHORING....: ThrowgnCpr
COVER ART....: AvP

NFO NOTES:
This DVD is for preservation and education purposes only. At the time of this preservation, the TV movie cut was not available on DVD. If this movie every becomes commercially available, destroy this DVD and buy the retail version. This DVD is a preservation of the TV movie cut for the miniseries DEAD SET. This version first aired on October 31, 2009.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
The capture was in really good shape to start with. Special thanks to el_silloneb for supplying it. As with many TV airings, the movie had commercial breaks, and the end credits were squished to simultaneously air some advertisements (audio also had commercials mixed over the original audio). The commercials were edited out, however the title card bumpers were kept in place (though edited for smoother transitions). Some of the cuts would have seemed very jarring without the use of the original title card bumpers, so they were left in. They were also left in for preservation purposes. The credits were replaced with those from the DVD source. DVD audio was mixed to match the volume levels of the TV version, and the channel4 watermark was added to the credits for a seamless transition.

A DVD-Rom folder is available on the DVD, with an NFO file and cover art by AvP. el_silloneb also started some cover art and it may be availalble in the near future. Here are some (small) screens of the menus and movie (main menu and chapters menu are animated:

DeadSetTVMovieCutScreens.jpg

All in all, I think the quality is great for a TV cut.

Tools used (from what I can remember...):
- PGC Demux
- TMPGEnc XPress 4.0
- Womble DVD Wizard
- virtualdub 1.9.8
- Sony Vegas Pro 8
- debugmode frameserver
- Cinema Craft Encoder SP2
- Adobe After Effects CS4
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Sony DVD Architect 4.5

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice work on the menu's, thanks again!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Can we have that corrected cover please? :)

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
since you asked so nice....

will try to upload it later today :)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no one said you couldn't eat while you were waiting!!!! :eek:

sorry, I was out of town again. Here is the link to the fixed cover:

Dead Set combo cover

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cheers, nah thats you asleep ;) :D ;D :p

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have reuploaded this to MS if anyone is interested in it still. PM me (if my box hasn't filled up).

Top Bottom