• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dead Noise/Empty Space Filler

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was wondering if anyone has tips or suggestions on how to fill "gaps" in audio. I'm using audio of a person doing a monologue with video of a montage of clips. However, I want "breaks" in the monologue so that its not all said in one go. Some short pauses between two or three sentences, to slow down/pace the monologue if you will.

So my question is, since I can't just have chunks of audio and then a sound drop for a few seconds of no audio between them, what can I use to fill that gap (or if its even possible).

This is for a trailer I'm going to be working on in the future so perfect audio is not vital but I just wanted to see if there was a solution to the problem.

Thanks.

What kind of background noise is there during the speaking? If it is something constant, you can grab a bit of it from when there is no dialogue and fill gaps with that.

Uncanny Antman said:
What kind of background noise is there during the speaking? If it is something constant, you can grab a bit of it from when there is no dialogue and fill gaps with that.

Ahhh, now why didn't I think of that?! I'll have to relisten carefully to check the background noise. There may be potentionally so prison bars clanging and alarm buzzers going off. But hopefully I'll be able to make it work. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom