• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

DC Announce Batman '89 and Superman '78 Titles

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
88
The wait is finally over, as DC have finally approved Batman '89 and Superman '78, comic book continuations of the Micheal Keaton and Christopher Reeves movies. Batman '89 will be written by Sam Hamm, who wrote the first two Tim Burton movies as well as the story "Blind Justice", and will be a direct sequel to Returns featuring Selina and Billy Dee Williams' Harvey Dent/Two-Face
 
Superman '78 will be written by Robert Venditti and will be set between Superman The Movie and Superman II.
 
https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-89-superman-78-movie-comics-michael-keaton-christopher-reeeve/
 

Duragizer

Well-known member
Messages
2,156
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
51
I'm mildly interested in Batman '89. Couldn't care less about Superman '78 (I hate the Donnerverse).
 

Zarius

Well-known member
Faneditor
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
83
Trophy Points
88
Duragizer said:
I'm mildly interested in Batman '89. Couldn't care less about Superman '78 (I hate the Donnerverse).

I'm not really interested in Superman '78 either, not because I hate the Donnerverse, but because it's set between Superman I and II, I'd rather have another sequel that directly follows on from it and retcons Superman III/IV and Superman Returns.
 

Masirimso17

Well-known member
Faneditor
Cover Artist
Messages
1,860
Reaction score
4
Trophy Points
68
Zarius said:
Duragizer said:
I'm mildly interested in Batman '89. Couldn't care less about Superman '78 (I hate the Donnerverse).

I'm not really interested in Superman '78 either, not because I hate the Donnerverse, but because it's set between Superman I and II, I'd rather have another sequel that directly follows on from it and retcons Superman III/IV and Superman Returns.

I'm more interested in Superman '78 personally haha but I think the reason they did that is because they didn't want to retcon either Superman III/IV or Returns/Crisis. Too many alternate sequels lmao!
 

hothstation

Well-known member
Messages
148
Reaction score
4
Trophy Points
23
Zarius said:
The wait is finally over, as DC have finally approved Batman '89 and Superman '78, comic book continuations of the Micheal Keaton and Christopher Reeves movies. Batman '89 will be written by Sam Hamm, who wrote the first two Tim Burton movies as well as the story "Blind Justice", and will be a direct sequel to Returns featuring Selina and Billy Dee Williams' Harvey Dent/Two-Face
 

Thanks for sharing! I am definitely looking forward to the Batman continuation.
 
Top Bottom