• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Dawn of Justice Parts 1-3 : The MoS, BvS, and WW Trilogy

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2022 Update! (5.1 and Subtitles)

With the forthcoming Zack Snyder‘s Justice League, I revisited my (very sloppy) older edits of MoS and BvS, and added in WW now to round out the set. Originally I edited the first two movies from other fan-edits with excellent color correction and changed soundtracks, but decided to start over with the original versions to try to stay as close to Snyder’s cannon and still set up Snyder‘s Justice League.
5whkuWZ.jpg

All three movies generally focus on the inherent nature of mankind.

Tons of edits made to the first two (i.e. removing Bruce's naked shower shot, etc) but here are the main differences:

DoJ Pt 1 : MoS - The Outsider Edit

1920x800
5.1 Audio
Subtitles in English

Goal- to make Clark more like “the noble Superman I grew up with” (yes I am aware how extremely subjective that is), less conflicted about helping mankind, but unwilling to go public until he is forced to. Overt religious symbolism reduced when possible.
Main Changes:
  • Krypton scenes begin at the launch of Kal-El
  • Credit sequence from the great Man of Steel: A Symbol of Hope from TM2YC
  • Bus incident moved to replace tornado incident, focus on “people afraid of what they don’t understand.” Which is then re-emphasized by Perry and Martha
  • Pa Kent doesn’t die for his idea, nor does he tell young Clark that he might have to let people die. His avoidable death was the catalyst for Clark to stop hiding when Zod arrives.
  • Suit reveal moved to after discussion with priest.
  • Innocent bystanders that might get hurt are removed as much as possible in Smallville battle as well as in Metropolis battle.
  • Pa Kent Mountaintop Scene used before Clark gets a job at the Daily Planet

DoJ Pt 2 : BvS - The Consequences Edit

1920x800
5.1 Audio
Subtitles in English

Goal - to remove the Africa incident and change public reaction to events of MoS.
Shoutout to Whiplash Dynamo that inspired this "no Africa" edit.

Main changes:
  • Remove the Africa incident and change public reaction to events of MoS.
  • Better establish the classic Kryptonian boy scout in the first Act.
  • Remove Batman killing people (he still “lets” bad guys die, but doesn’t kill outright)
  • Refine Lex into a better villain – less weird, more obviously paranoid, less daddy issues, more calculated (i.e. making doomsday as a backup plan more understandable.)
  • Clarify the conflict the world has with Superman – its all about fear.
  • Batman doesn’t actually see the future, does not see the Flash
  • Change Batman’s moral return to be prodded by fear and the similarities to his parent’s killing - not the realization that their mothers have the same name.
  • No foreshadowing of Superman’s resurrection.

DoJ Pt 3 : WW - The Harsh Truth Edit

Initial Run Time: 2h21m
New Edit Run Time: 2h13m

1920x800
5.1 Audio
Subtitles in English and Spanish

Goals:
Love this movie, so I didn’t change much... just that ending to make the end less optimistic, more in line with her character in BvS and that these heroes are awesome but mankind is questionable.

Cut List:
  • Movie begins with Diana as a child.
  • In final fight, removed shot of both Ares and Diana floating/flying(?)
  • Put Diana's flashback where she can hear Steve into chronological order
  • Removed confrontation with Dr. Poison and Diana defeating German soldiers hand-to-hand in a rage
  • Removed a lot of final fight exposition
  • The defeat of Aries doesn’t result in soldiers putting their weapons down and everyone being friends. Instead it simply cuts to the end of the war, more vague on why.
  • Present day intro scenes moved to end, intro monologue shortened and used as end monologue, with Diana suiting up at the end now seeming like a reaction to Bruce’s note.
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/474259122" width="640" height="564" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PM me for links if interested, full cut list also available.

I am always trying to make my edits better, so suggestions are always welcome.

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This looks like two edits. Would be that assumption be correct?

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am working on them as one movie in two parts. Similar to the "The Deathly Hallows" - one full movie split into two parts, but with fresh credits in between. If it were under 3hrs, I would merge them.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Samsung Galaxy strikes again. They should redubb their autotype "autodesteruction".

Wow...

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lol, I somehow managed to miss the first "be."  You're totally Yoda, sorry dude.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Live up to this prestigious praise I must.
giphy.webp

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thoughts on bringing some of Elfman's soundtrack from JL in as well as coloring closer to JL to help additionally tie the movies in?

Keeping the scene in MoS where the officer says "I think he's kind of cute"? I hate that scene .... reduces the only female officer in the movie to a fan girl.

You have a lot of great edits, I have such a hard time letting go of the Batman fighting sequence when he is rescuing Martha. He is such a bad ass and fightings like how I feel Batman does. Anyway to reuse some of that footage elsewhere?

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Revel911! Thanks for the interest! I'd love to dive in and respond!
revel911 said:
Thoughts on bringing some of Elfman's soundtrack from JL in as well as coloring closer to JL to help additionally tie the movies in?

I will look into the JL Soundtrack, great idea! As for color correction, I tried on a few of my early edits, but I have a pretty crude touch in that department. And it became this additional new layer of complexity that I figured could be dealt with later.  If there are any recommended settings given by better editors, I can adjust my source files. Or if these edits turn out to be worthy of more work, I will definitely look into color correction.

revel911 said:
Keeping the scene in MoS where the officer says "I think he's kind of cute"? I hate that scene .... reduces the only female officer in the movie to a fan girl.

Agreed, but the scene needs the lightness as a finish, IMO. I DID take out the nod of agreement right after by the General, not that it helps the issue. TO her defense, I felt the guy officer on the phone that first calls him Superman is a bigger fanboy, LOL. 

revel911 said:
You have a lot of great edits, I have such a hard time letting go of the Batman fighting sequence when he is rescuing Martha. He is such a bad ass and fights like how I feel Batman does. Anyway to reuse some of that footage elsewhere?

Yes!!
This is why I wanted to keep these edits together on this thread - the Batman scene (which IS SO GREAT although I did take out some kills like the guy with the grenade) is now a mid-credit scene in DoJ1, with "Meanwhile in Gotham" and "To Be Continued" wrapping the scene. I love it because first we focus on Superman becoming a hero, trying to be nice but with so much collateral damage, then have Batman be SO BRUTAL but not actually killing. (Well, he still shoots the other guys gun in a circle in the beginning so there MAY be a little death?) I also darkened this scene ever so slightly so the difference between Superman's world and Batman's world is noticeable.  I didn't carry that over into DoJ2 though, again I thought my efforts were too crude and noticeable.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ugh. 

Watched Son of Krypton with my girl last night, and I hate to admit it but my edit is still a big ball of crap. We can move these edits to workprints or archived ITW, I give. Now with the reviews for JL, I don't think this is even worth the effort.

Some notes of Son of Krypton:
  • Not enough character development, not sure if the removal of the Krypton prologue, Clark's vision and hearing episode, and Pa Kent's death did it, but now the movie rushes way to fast to care about anyone.
  • WAY too many monologues.
  • My end music changes just don't fit at all.

Thanks everyone!

Update 2020 - she really likes the latest versions!

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Please don't give up on this project. This idea alone would (in my opinion) make it worth the watch:

When Batman is about to execute superman, large outside explosion distracts him, long enough for Lois to arrive and begin Bruce's parent flashback, with wise words from Alfred repeating and Joker's cackle one last time to seal the realization that he has become as bad a Joe Chill

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I believe that the workprints of this are available.....somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not yet! But I have basically heard bad reviews - thats awesome to hear something positive.

Ok, I need to get a sample of the scene Zamros mentioned on here, will ASAP. And I can wait until I see JL to make a final judgement.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Reactivated and moved to Workprints and Previews per editor request.

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just updated Parts 1 & 2, moving the mountaintop Pa Kent scene to MoS for better closure.

Newest versions also now approved by my better half as well, fixing character developments she had issues about.

Here is the Opening Sequence for DoJ Part 1:

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Experimenting with a Martha-less option, using fear now instead of mothers as the main motivation. I am hoping for input on the scene and if the overall attempt is too jarring. I also wonder if there is enough motivation for Clark to trust Bruce now...

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! 

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Getting inspired lately. I have been honing these unreleased edits for a few years now, but only recently do I feel I am close to enough having big enough changes to make it worth one more watch, for fans of these over-fanedited films.

A big problem that many people have with BvS (and the ZS Cinematic Universe) is that Superman is never established as the "kryptonian boy scout" that we all know and love. Using a shortened part of the Joss Weedon JL reshoots that I imagine ZS will not be using, I am trying to fix this large complaint.

I am hoping to get the overall effect across with a little downgrading effect, to help the footage feel kid-authentic (and to distract from the latest deepfake footage I could find,) removing most of his lines, and keeping mainly the excitement from the kids. I debated about where to insert such a different-feeling clip in the movie, trying just before Clark visits Lois in the bath, and other places, but transitions to other scenes never meshed well emotionally. In overall continuity with the movie, I opted to use it as early as possible, right after the discovery of the kryptonite. A much as I tried to avoid it, I sadly had to remove the Gotham vs Metropolis football game to get the more obvious bats shots to balance against such weird footage from JL.

In my MoS edit I try to remove a lot of his conflicted nature and make him more confident, and here in BvS I am experimenting with establishing that at least part of the world likes Superman, and that he is helping in the classic ways we all know and love.

I am hoping for input on the scene and if the overall attempt is too jarring. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom