• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dawn of Justice Parts 1-3 : The MoS, BvS, and WW Trilogy

Thank you @CatchyJ2 for my first offical review of DoJ Pt3! Success! It was a conservative edit compared to the other DoJ parts, to be sure, but I am glad it did what I set out to achieve!

Thanks @Nic for the awesome and thoughtful reviews! I love honest reviews that are complimentary of the effort and still have great feedback! Lots to valid points think about!

Quick Summary:
  • MoS now in 5.1 audio with subtitles, and Clark's First Flight scene added back in
  • BvS Subtitles corrected
  • WW now in 5.1 audio and corrected subtitles in English and Spanish

I received a lovely request from @Bored at 3:00AM to build subtitles for my MoS edit for their ESL class - how could I possibly turn down such an incredible compliment?

So while creating new subtitles, I have also been taking the opportunity to update the MoS Outsider Edit to 5.1 audio, and address common criticisms.
One repeating request is to fit Clark's first flight back into this edit. Originally, this was tough for me, as in my edit, I wanted Clark to make the decision to stop hiding and become public simultaneous with his putting on the suit for the first time. However, I had used the far away shot of Clark flying away from the scout ship just before Lois begins her investigating. And I didn't love how preachy Jor-El was. So as the edit was, I couldn't fit it in without compromising my vision.

But I kept at it, and was able to find another shot to transition away from the scout ship into Lois's investigation without that flight shot. This allowed me to keep Clark on the ground until the suit reveal... so I was able to add it in!

I also replaced some of Jor-El's lines there from his discussion with Clark on Zod's ship, avoiding the most overt Jesus symbolism in his directions to Clark that annoys me LOL I also added the full bus rescue back in.

Then, while on a work trip after reviewing the new MoS version for errors, I watched my BvS with subtitles, and a lot of errors there. So I have rebuilt the BvS edit subtitles as well!

Finally, I have a new file of my WW edit, now in 5.1 audio with English subtitles. This one now also has Spanish subtitles, thanks to a wonderful fan!

Let me know if you would like links to the new versions! Thanks for reading!

So cool, funnily, I just re-watched both DoJ part 1 and 2 the day before yesterday, I should've waited. Did you made any changes to BvS and WW, besides sound and subtitles?

So cool, funnily, I just re-watched both DoJ part 1 and 2 the day before yesterday, I should've waited. Did you made any changes to BvS and WW, besides sound and subtitles?
Nothing on WW besides the titles, but on BvS I did update the title graphics and added in a little more of Lois investigating O'Keefe's apartment and wheelchair to add a little more depth to her character.

Nothing on WW besides the titles, but on BvS I did update the title graphics and added in a little more of Lois investigating O'Keefe's apartment and wheelchair to add a little more depth to her character.
Very good addition, in the previous edit she felt a little less implicated in comparison with MoS.

@Palandrin Thank you so much for the awesome reviews and mentions! I love it! You are very kind!!
I could see revisiting WW and SS Special Edition after all this time to refine, I will be considering all your comments in detail!

@Palandrin Thank you so much for the awesome reviews and mentions! I love it! You are very kind!!
I could see revisiting WW and SS Special Edition after all this time to refine, I will be considering all your comments in detail!
Don't mention it! Leaving a review or mentioning your work in other threads is the least I can do!

Keep up the good work!

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Back
Top Bottom