• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dawn of Justice: A Snyderverse Miniseries

WilliamRedRobin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Poster.jpg

In light of the upcoming second attempt at a DC cinematic universe, I wanted to try to re-conceptualise the DC movies from the past decade into a self-contained Justice League origin story. To that end I've edited Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Zack Snyder's Justice League into an 8-part miniseries with an overall length roughly comparable to the extended Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I just completed the edit last night, and will post it here on the 24th when my 30 days are done.
Until then I'll post some images and clips here to give some idea of what the edit is about.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to showing you my work.
(y)

Last edited:
Here's the trailer I've made for the series.
It's not the best trailer ever, but it's the first time I've tried to make one, so overall I'm pretty happy with it.
I tried to make the trailer feel a little old fashioned because I wanted this series to feel like something that was made pre-2010 before cinematic universes became big.

Last edited:
Did you make some changes to Aquaman so it can fit your mini-series? Because the tone and color grading of the film is very different from Zack Snyder's movies.

Did you make some changes to Aquaman so it can fit your mini-series? Because the tone and color grading of the film is very different from Zack Snyder's movies.
I've only included a handful of scenes from Aquaman, cutting anything that isn't essential for the Black Manta subplot.
All scenes have been desaturated and dimmed, but the Black Manta fight still stuck out due to the bright sunlight and colourful special effects, so I gave that scene a second pass and, I think, did a much better job of matching it to ZSJL. Since there's still time until I can submit the edit, I'm going to look back and see if the other scenes need more colour correction, but I don't think they stick out too much, mainly due to them all being in different environments/parts of the world from the other scenes. The only thing I can't really do anything about is Mera's hair being bright red in Aquaman, and a much darker ginger-brown in Justice League.

The Aquaman scenes were definitely the hardest to fit in narativley, though. Unlike Wonder Woman, which is pretty much treated like an extended tangent from the main story, the Black Manta stuff is supposed to take place alongside the main story. At the end of part 6 Valco tells Arthur to go to the stronghold, and then part 7 shows him and Mera travelling to the stronghold, being attacked by Black Manta on the way. But I couldn't really make it clear that that's what they're doing, so I'm worried it might come across as them just showing up in random places and then at the stronghold.
I might see if I can make an AI generated voice line for a bit of extra exposition, but I'm not sure how to do that.

This seems to be an ambitious project.
It's nothing too crazy, but each part brought its own challenges. Now that I'm at the end I just want to see what finishing touches I can put on it to really tie everything together.

Here's a slight recolour I did of a scene in ZSJL too make it look a bit more appealing.
I didn't feel that the movie needed much recolouring (unlike Man of Steel which is completely redone), but this scene seemed particularly grey and dull to me.

Here's a short preview from Part 3: The Caped Crusaders.
It was surprisingly difficult to edit around Lex Luthor's dialogue from BatmanVSuperman, but this is one scene where I felt I was able to make a positive change. The idea was to make Lex less obviously insane to the public, so that it could be believable that people would think he's a trustworthy person.

I've finished subtitles for the first three hours of the series, but I just realised that if the Academy recommends changes I could have to spend a long time adjusting the subtitles, so I've decided to submit it now and finish the subs later.
Wish me luck! (y)

In light of the upcoming second attempt at a DC cinematic universe, I wanted to try to re-conceptualise the DC movies from the past decade into a self-contained Justice League origin story. To that end I've edited Man of Steel, Batman V Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Zack Snyder's Justice League into an 8-part miniseries with an overall length roughly comparable to the extended Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Sounds very interesting.
I just completed the edit last night, and will post it here on the 24th when my 30 days are done.
Not exactly. You may want to reread the rules. You may offer our members the opportunity to pm you for access. If you have any questions please pm a staff member.
Until then I'll post some images and clips here to give some idea of what the edit is about.
Awesome! Love the trailer.
Thanks for reading, and I look forward to showing you my work.
(y)
We look forward to seeing it. Thank you for your love of fanediting!

But...but...but...I made you a killer poster and avatar...šŸ˜

It's my favorite avatar, I've made. I've done a few.

Back
Top Bottom