• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, thanks for the review Neg! Glad you enjoyed it. Regarding the video quality, you're right, it's not perfect. I place the blame partially on the poor quality of the source DVDs and partially on my inability to get with the times and jump onboard with blu-ray editing. And I agree, I think it's one of my better edits. It was a lot of fun to make and I hope others enjoy it as much as Neglify did.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched it last night as well and I have to say that I really enjoyed it too. I was a little worried about the quality, seeing at the movie is 2:42:42 long and only 4.32 GB's, but it looked great on my old tube tv. The story flowed really well, and if you had never watched Dexter before you wouldn't be able to tell that there were major characters that had been completely eliminated. One thing that I always worry about tv-to-movie edits is is it going to feel like an actual movie, or is it going to feel like a tv show turned into a movie. I'm happy to say that this definitely feels like a real movie. I've been hoping somebody would edit Dexter into a movie and am glad to say that you succeeded with flying colors. I look forward to edits of the following seasons.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cool! Glad you enjoyed it, Frantic. Thanks for taking the time to watch and review.

t00nb0t

Reaction score
Trophy Points
that was a fantastic watch, two thumbs up!

having watched the series and read the book, what i enjoyed more about the book was that i did find the book a lot darker and with what you've done here it kinda felt like a big leap closer to the dark world of inside dexters head that came from the book. I am also really looking forward to perhaps seeing a season two edit

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome, glad you liked it toon. Thanks for the kind words.

Top Bottom