- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
MOTHER OF TEARS : REDUX [720p DTS]
original film release: October 2007
fanedit release: August 2012
original runtime : 103mn.
new runtime : 66mn.
The final instalment of the "Three Mothers" trilogy, completely reworked to complement the style of the preceding films, Suspiria and Inferno.
ABOUT THIS VERSION
"Mother Of Tears / La Terza Madre" was a hugely disappointing conclusion to Argento's Three Mothers Trilogy. The intent of this edit was to collate the best material from the film, dispensing with the unnecessary and often risible plot twists, with a mind to bringing the trilogy to a more natural and coherent conclusion. The following changes have been made :
* A new and original introduction is presented.
* Many scenes have been re-sequenced.
* Almost 40 minutes of unnecessary footage has been deleted.
* The ludicrous ghost of Sarah's mother (played by Daria Nicolodi) has been completely removed, as has the subplot concerning Sarah's mediumistic experiences.
* The original ending, which proved to be unsalvageable, has been completely cut, being replaced by an epilogue voiced by Varelli.
* The voices of Mater Lacrimarum and her disciples have been altered.
* Some special effects have been enhanced.
* The whole film has been recoloured.
* A completely new musical soundtrack has been compiled, including Goblin's original score and other pieces from Argento's films.
* A startling new audio mix (featuring re-synched elements and some completely new effects) is presented in DTS 5.1.
Although rather short with its run time of 66 minutes, the "Mother Of Tears : Obortis Tenebris" redux should hopefully prove an enjoyable fan edit, continuing the atmosphere of its legendary precursors.
Hail Mother !
- 4,3gb .MKV file
- Original 2.10:1 widescreen A.R.
- Video: h264, HD-720p, 1280x586, 24fps.
- Audio 1: new 5.1 mix (DTS lossless 1.536 mb/s)
- Audio 2: new 2.0 mix (AC3 192 kb/s)
Available via Rapidshare.