• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Daredevil

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Moe_Syzlak said:
I might have to check this out. I loved Daredevil as a kid, but had no intention of checking this out as I'm not really into the MCU (most of the movies are okay, but I only really enjoyed the first 2/3 of Iron Man). And they are okay as movies but I can't imagine a "weekly" hourlong holding my attention in that universe. But I just read a review that stated this series has more in common with the series Hannibal than it does with the MCU and certainly Agents of Shield. Would those of you that have been watching agree? I love Hannibal and a show that bold a about Daredevil sounds awesome.
It's definitely a different beast than the rest of the MCU. Very different vibe, much darker, much more serious. Plus there's a lot more time to develop characters and build relationships since it's a series and not a movie. I'd highly recommend you give the first 2 episodes a chance, that should be enough for you to decide.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
spence said:
It's definitely a different beast than the rest of the MCU. Very different vibe, much darker, much more serious. Plus there's a lot more time to develop characters and build relationships since it's a series and not a movie. I'd highly recommend you give the first 2 episodes a chance, that should be enough for you to decide.

It's bloody fantastic series. Definitely agree that it's a different beast than the rest of the MCU. Which is why it works so well. While it is more serious, it does have some moments that are lighthearted to balance it out. The characters are so defined and developed, it's pretty amazing.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV Daredevil v.o. with Movie version trailer.....

I hope the DD costume in episode 13 is just another "evolving" step, as the helmet/cowl/mask did not really work for me and I really want to see the classic DD emblem on the suit.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just finished the series and thought the same thing. Maybe when we see him again in the Defenders he will have an updated suit.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I also agree that the suit was a bit of a letdown. I actually got to really like his black ninja outfit! But yes, that headpiece looks really goofy, much like Cap's in The Avengers. Room for improvement for sure. Still a great show though! Looking forward to season 2.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally got through and was quite impressed. One of the best MCU projects to date. I was quite surprised how gritty and grounded it was. This felt more stylistically akin to the Nolan Batman trilogy, rather than anything else. Good pacing, good storytelling, and remarkably well executed cinematography and action scenes by television standards. Or, rather, internet streaming standards. The standout was Fisk, though. I can't believe that they made The Kingpin into a complex, compelling, and at times sympathetic character. My second favorite MCU villain now, right below Loki.

I was really surprised how far Marvel was willing to go with this series. Besides the R-rated violence and ramped up profanity (I lost count of the number of uses of 'dickhead'), they got in to some really dark subject matter. I guess any lingering concerns about Disney's control of the brand can now be laid to rest. So - how long 'till we get a Punisher series like this?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Netflix has already renewed DD for a second season to air 2016, so we should have another 13 episodes before the launch of THE DEFENDERS. By then, the other 3 series should also be launched or cast, which could lead to some cross-overs/cameos/universe building.

spence

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know AKA Jessica Jones premieres toward the end of the year, so at least one more series will come out before Season 2 of DareDevil. They'll also introduce Luke Cage in that series before he gets his own.

Dustin6595

Reaction score
Trophy Points
matrixgrindhouse said:
Finally got through and was quite impressed. One of the best MCU projects to date. I was quite surprised how gritty and grounded it was. This felt more stylistically akin to the Nolan Batman trilogy, rather than anything else. Good pacing, good storytelling, and remarkably well executed cinematography and action scenes by television standards. Or, rather, internet streaming standards. The standout was Fisk, though. I can't believe that they made The Kingpin into a complex, compelling, and at times sympathetic character. My second favorite MCU villain now, right below Loki.

I was really surprised how far Marvel was willing to go with this series. Besides the R-rated violence and ramped up profanity (I lost count of the number of uses of 'dickhead'), they got in to some really dark subject matter. I guess any lingering concerns about Disney's control of the brand can now be laid to rest. So - how long 'till we get a Punisher series like this?
I agree on everything you said. I actually thought the whole symbolism with the painting in relation to Fisk was fantastic. I actually think the Kingpin is the most compelling and developed comic book movie villain since Heath Ledger's Joker.

And speaking of The Punisher, the show runner of Daredevil as well as Charlie Cox have said they want to do something with the Punisher soon. The show runner of Daredevil wants him to have his own show, and Charlie Cox wants to seem him introduced in season two of Daredevil. I would love to see Thomas Jane come back considering hes very passionate about the character and that short film he did 'Punisher: Dirty Laundry' was really good. I don't know if they would bring him back, but to hold me over I'd love to see someone tackle that 2004 Punisher film with him, there's some good stuff in there, especially the Directors Cut, even tho the film as a whole suffers from a lot of problems.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dustin6595 said:
I'd love to see someone tackle that 2004 Punisher film with him, there's some good stuff in there, especially the Directors Cut, even tho the film as a whole suffers from a lot of problems.

I'd been considering doing "Castle's Cut" versions of the two 2000s Punisher films, but I already have two edits in the works.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finished watching Season 1 of "Daredevil" a week ago. Holy balls this show is amazing!!! Vincent D'Onofrio needs to win an Emmy for episode 12.

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I finished watching Season 1 of "Daredevil" a week ago. Holy balls this show is amazing!!! Vincent D'Onofrio needs to win an Emmy for episode 12.

The orphanage one was really surprising to me. I love how big the universe is getting. Super individuals are crossing paths all over the place nowadays.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is a sweet Law & Order style opening credits for the new Daredevil show:

Of course it made me think of [MENTION=4619]Uncanny Antman[/MENTION]'s Law & Order: Hell's Kitchen:

(I like Ant's better, but I could be biased.)

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty cool. But I especially have to thank you for reminding me of one of my all-time favorite fan edit bonuses. I watched UA's fake trailer many many times when I got that edit.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You're both too kind. :)

That other one is sweet-as. A man after my own heart.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching it. Overall, I liked it. It was very visual although a bit slow sometimes. I had mixed feelings on the fight scenes, some were great and other were more cliche.

I kept wanting to see them do more court cases. The law scenes reminded my very much of The Practice . I would be very happy having a 24 episode season where they handle a case every other episode. I think a story about a blind lawyer is just as much on par as a story about a blind crime fighter.

BUT REALLY... overall the show should just be called Kingpin, because that's the story that really shines.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh snap, this Daredevil credits mash-up may be the best. Daredevil in the style of Night Court:

Top Bottom