• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maxresdefault.jpg

Just caught episode 1 of this new Peacock Original series. The production value is pretty high for a tv show. I'm hoping this continues beyond the premiere. The story is of a young Robert Langdon who is early in his teaching career. It takes a few minutes to take in Ashley Zukerman's performance as Langdon and disassociate the role from Tom Hanks, but once this happens I believe he was a good choice for this role. The pace and mystery were also handled well. Again the production value for a tv show is pretty high here. The episode concludes with a series trailer and I'll admit some of the scenes it shows make me worried. I'll not spoil what those are. I'm hopeful that this might turn into a multi season show and that it's released on physical or iTunes. I'll definitely be planning to make a fanedited tv-to-movie edtion if it turns out to be good.

Check it out free here: https://www.peacocktv.com/stream-tv/dan-browns-the-lost-symbol

The-Lost-Symbol-compressed.jpg

Just a heads up, don't watch any trailers as it will spoil the pilot and probably the rest of the series.

I did a little extra reading into the series and it looks like NBC created this, CBS filmed it, and Peacock is the delivery method. Interesting. It also looks like it was calld "Dan Brown's Langdon: The Lost Symbol" which implies a multi story approach vs the current "Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol". Hopefully that isn't an indication of a lack of quality or faith on their part that the series won't continue.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've enjoyed all three Langdon movies without reading a page of their books, but I was stuck in the woods one weekend, and tried to read The Lost Symbol, and gave up halfway through because the plot was so tangled and boring at the same time. The goofy formula of art history mixed with conspiracy schlock that works in centuries/millennia-old churches and palaces just completely falls flat in the prosaic ol' USA, IMO... 🤷‍♂️

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
maxresdefault.jpg

Just caught episode 1 of this new Peacock Original series. The production value is pretty high for a tv show. I'm hoping this continues beyond the prevmiere. The story is of a young Robert Langdon who is early in his teaching career. It takes a few minutes to taek in Ashley Zukerman's performance of Langdon and disassociate the role from Tom Hanks, but once this happens I believe he was a good choice for this role. The pace and mystery were also handled well. Again the production value for a tv show is pretty high here. The episode concludes with a sereis trailer and I'll admit some of the scenes it shows make me worried. I'll not spoil what those are. I'm hopeful that this might turn into a multi season show and that it's released on physical or iTunes. I'll definitely be planning to make a fanedited tv-to-movie edtion if it turns out to be good.

Check it out free here: https://www.peacocktv.com/stream-tv/dan-browns-the-lost-symbol

The-Lost-Symbol-compressed.jpg

Just a heads up, don't watch any trailers as it will spoil the pilot and probably the rest of the series.

I did a little extra reading into the series and it looks like NBC created this, CBS filmed it, and Peacock is the delivery method. Interesting. It also looks like it was calld "Dan Brown's Langdon: The Lost Symbol" which implies a multi story approach vs the current "Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol". Hopefully that isn't an indication of a lack of quality or faith on their part that the series won't continue.
Agreed. I thought it was very good.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Good to hear. I saw it show up and added it to my watch list. I will avoid the trailers. I have enjoyed the movies, and read the books afterwards & enjoyed those as well. I have high hopes for this series.

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched episode 1 last night. My wife and I both enjoyed it, this is going to be a good series. Though it will take another episode or so to get used to someone other than Tom Hanks playing Langdon.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So are you all subscribed to Peacock or is it available elsewhere?

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's only on Peacock as far as I know. Probably requires subscription since this looks like a marquee series intended to drive up the subscriber numbers. I do subscribe already (access to cycling racing coverage moved over from Sports Gold), so I see it regardless and there's no indicator for me now what is premium and what is free.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I fiinshed the series. I'd give it a 5.5/10. The story is intruiging, but the acting, characters and production didn't feel any different than a standard TV show. The story was very drawn out, and I mean VERY drawn out. Some character conclusions felt cheap with the amount of screen time and seeming character development they were given. The sense of peril was also inconsistent and at one point it just seemed routine and a device for moving to the next scene or to create shock value. It's not a terrible series, but not one that I'd recommend someone invest nearly 10 hours in. The main issue I have is that it really doesn't present any concepts to think about, just plot points to drag towards a conclusion that is ultimately unstisfying.

there's no indicator for me now what is premium and what is free.
There's a purple peacock feather over the top corner of show/movie images for premium content. I got it free from my internet provider, otherwise I would have stopped after the last free episode.

Top Bottom