• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

CYBORG IV: Beware Of The Sasquatch

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
8j4u.jpg

BEWARE OF THE SASQUATCH!
The Bionic Bigfoot returns! When civil war erupts between the San Angelo Aliens, Colonel Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers must team up to stop the renegade aliens from causing a global cataclysm on their way to world domination. But to stop the evil aliens, they must first defeat The Savage Sasquatch!!!

Bionic Bob recuts the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman two part season opener "The Return of Bigfoot" into a single, slam-bang-slo-mo-pow, pure 1970s tv action adventure movie.

BONUS FEATURE: The final battle begins! Steve vs. Bigfoot! It is the SASQUATCH SHOWDOWN!

original film names: The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, "The Return of Bigfoot parts 1 &2"
The Six Million Dollar Man "Bigfoot V"

new film name : CYBORG IV: BEWARE OF THE SASQUATCH
tag line: THE ALL BIGFOOT EDITION
film studio name : Universal Studios
edit crew name : Bionic Bob
persons involved: Me :)
Date Original Film Was Released : ABC Televison Network 1976 & 1977
Date Edit Was Released : June 2013
Original Runtime : 100 minutes
New Runtime : 90 minutes
Cut/Add Time: cut 10-11 minutes

Fanedit Intention:
Recut the two part "Return of Bigfoot" into a campy, fun 1970s movie adventure.

Editing Details:
--cut the 1970s swing/spin scene transitions throughout the SMDM episode
--revised opening credits
--created new freeze frame title card "The Savage Sasquatch"
--removed all commercial breaks
--cut "you really couldn't hurt Shallon".... keeping the badguys bad... lol
--cut bionic gag of Steve creating an anttenna out of a fire poker for Gillian wristcom. Really? They are aliens who travelled light years to Earth and can build a bionic bigfoot but they have lousy radio reception? LOL!
--added a new establishing shot of Sasquatch approaching the nuclear research facility
--cut the line "I am Col. Steve Austin" to security guards, as though that explains why he broke into a top secret building
--couple of continuity trims to second Bigfoot fight
--cut cliffhanger ending
--cut BW opening credits
--insert new establishing shot of villain volcano base to replace "meanwhile in Mexico" title card
--a couple of pacing trims to Jaime's first encounter with Bigfoot
--removed Gillian reaction shots during Jaime and Shallon's conversation
--fixed slight continuity gaffe after Jaime escapes from cell
--slight trim to Steve and Bigfoot's jungle fight
--cut Jaime radioing Steve for help when being chased by badguys, makes Jaime too much of a damsel in distress.
--cut all lines about the alien mothership returning in 100 years to align continuity with the bonus episode in which Steve states he saw the aliens depart
--cut Steve and Jaime's final lines about the temptation of waking up in a new century, as Lee Majors delivery sounds completely bored with a simple "Yeah" response....LOL!

BONUS EPISODE: Recut the season five episode "Bigfoot V" into a 25 minute mini-adventure.

Used iMac 10.5, Mac the Ripper, MPEG Streamclip, Final Cut Express, GarageBand, and iDVD

Special thanks to Rogue-theX
:)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And so the battle is joined, Bob v. Frink for June Favorite Edit of the Month.

:p
Congrats on finishing. :)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Should have that cover ready soon. Nice to see you finish this, Bob. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:
And so the battle is joined, Bob v. Frink for June Favorite Edit of the Month.

:p
Congrats on finishing. :)

SPY vs. SPY!
The battle of the Decades!
Groovy baby! :p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
Should have that cover ready soon. Nice to see you finish this, Bob. :)

Thanks buddy! I look forward to your latest masterpiece! :)

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congrats Bob. Don't have the source material, but you are tempting me. I like me some 6M$M.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OSI super agent code named ROGUE has smuggled this out of enemy territory....

1xyo.jpg

THANKS ROGUE!

If interested, I can me PMed for the links. ;-)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Read today that Dynamite has cancelled The Bionic Woman comic. This month's issue 10 is the last one. This series has been plagued with late shipping since it's debut. But it was very well written and the had some very nice art. :-(

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I want to say THANK YOU to [MENTION=9560]seciors[/MENTION] for taking the time to post a review.

I agree completely with his assessment that THE RETURN OF BIGFOOT is not the best of the many bionic adventures to choose from and it is the weakest entry in my current CYBORG series of fan edits. But I knew that going in and the only real reason it is included is because I wanted the Steve and Jaime team ups to be the foundation for the main Cyborg edits. Also, I am a softy when with it comes to the cybernetic sasquatch and felt after introducing him in C3, I should close out his story.

You are right about the audio being louder during the BW portion of the edit. It is weird. I never had that issue before when combining material from different episodes. I even dialed down the BW audio, its settings are well below those used for the SMDM scenes, and it still plays louder!?!?! Once again, the finer techniques of audio editing continue to elude me.....:p

But thank you for your overall positive review, I am sorry if the adventure did not fully entertain you. I suspect you might enjoy ATTACK OF THE FEMBOTS much more or even the first Bigfoot adventure SECRET OF THE SASQUATCH, both are definitely higher caliber adventure stories. ;-)

seciors

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You are very welcome, [MENTION=4677]bionicbob[/MENTION]!

That is strange about the audio situation. Like I said in my review though, it is something you end up getting used to within the first few minutes of the changeover. If audio levels were changing all over the place, that would be a different story, but in this case, it's really a minor issue.

Please don't apologize that the adventure didn't fully entertain me, because, as I said, it is the story itself that is at fault, not yours. I was quite impressed with how seamlessly you edited these two episodes together, and I really liked how you made Jaime a stronger character (truthfully, Steve kind of was not very impressive this time around!). And I totally understand why you chose to make the edit -- this is something you really enjoy doing, and that's basically the whole point of fan editing!:)

I will definitely check out your other edits, as I would love to re-experience some of the better adventures!

Again, very nice work!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
seciors said:
I was quite impressed with how seamlessly you edited these two episodes together, and I really liked how you made Jaime a stronger character (truthfully, Steve kind of was not very impressive this time around!).

oh Lee Majors. My hero.

Yeah, his over all performance in Return of Bigfoot was not his best work. There are scenes where is literally looks bored. I actually cut out his last lines in the movie as the delivery is just awful. I have noted here and elsewhere that season four was a turning point in the series in terms of tone and quality. Lee Majors returned reluctantly for season four and he was reportedly not very happy with doing the cross over episodes with the BW. So I imagine maybe these factors effected his performance for the season opener. But he eventually seemed to get back in the bionic saddle, as episodes like KILL OSCAR and DEATH PROBE are true Bionic Classics and must see tv for any Bionic Believer. :D

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great! More material for Bionic Bionic edits! :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
Great! More material for Bionic Bionic edits! :D

Actually I already own the entire series set when it was originally released by Time/Life in 2010. It came it this beautiful box that plays the classic Oscar Goldman narration....

Since then Universal has been very slowly re-releasing the series in individual season sets.

That said, I do have my next Cyborg adventure all planned out, it will be a season four two parter, along with a BW bonus episode, and the current working title is CYBORG 6: TERROR FROM THE STARS. ;-)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:

I have a picture somewhere of me as a boy playing with this present on christmas day :) Great memories Bob.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It was an awesome toy!!!

I was also a member of the Six Million Dollar Man fan club. When you bought the toy, there was a form you filled out on the back and sent away. Eventually, you received an official membership certificate and an autographed photo of Lee Majors. I worshipped that photo! LOL!

...I wonder what ever happened to it....? :oops::sad::shock:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Merry Christmas Everybody! :peace:

[video=dailymotion;xts5hh]

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did not know we could embed Daily Motion videos. It's a Festivus miracle!

Top Bottom