• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

CYBORG III: Secret of the Sasquatch

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicmancover4example2.jpg

INTENTION: Cutting the classic two part SMDM episode "The Secret of Bigfoot" into a single seamless, escapist, popcorn fun flick.
While with the "7MDM", boil the 50 minute episode down to it's core essence, an examination of what it takes to be a HERO, and watch two cyborgs beat the crap out of each other!

ORIGINAL FILM NAME:
The Six Million Dollar Man "The Secret of Bigfoot" from season three
The Six Million Dollar Man "The Seven Million Dollar Man" from season two

NEW FILM NAME: CYBORG III: SECRET OF THE SASQUATCH

TAG LINE: THE BIONIC BRAWL EDITION

FILM STUDIO: Universal

FILM RELEASE DATE:
"The Secret of Bigfoot" February 1976 ABC Television Network
"The Seven Million Dollar Man" November 1974 ABC Television Network

FAN EDIT RELEASE DATE: August 2012

ORIGINAL RUN TIME:
Bigfoot 101 minutes
7 Mill Man 50 minutes

NEW RUN TIME:
Bigfoot 83 minutes
7 Mill Man 30 minutes

AMOUNT OF TIME CUT/ADDED: 37 minutes cut, 1 minute added

CUT LIST:
SASQUATCH--
--new opening titles
--removed all commercial breaks
--removed part one cliffhanger
--added some additional bionic sound effects
--restructured the BIG FIGHT to remove early reveal of the Bigfoot Masters
--trimmed a scene where you can see a production member in the background!!!
--trimmed the alien exam/mind probe of Steve
--fixed bionic eye cave scene
--and lots of others boring little cuts and trims

CYBORG 2.0--
--new opening credits
--removed the entire subplot of stealing Steve's psych reports
--restructured it so Steve already knows Barney
--removed crazy Barney post-mission exam
--removed happy ending epilogue

EDIT DETAILS: Mac the Ripper, MPEG Streamclip, iTunes, iMAC, Final Cut Express, iDVD

SPECIAL FEATURES: Bionic Trailers

SPECIAL THANKS: To all the Bionic Believers! 'nuff said!

<strong>
THE SECRET OF THE SASQUATCH:

IN THE SAN ANDREAS MOUNTAINS, COLONEL STEVE AUSTIN COMES FACE TO FACE WITH THE LEGENDARY CREATURE KNOWN AS BIGFOOT!
DISCOVER HIS MYSTERIOUS ORIGINS AND BARE WITNESS TO THE GREATEST FIGHT SCENE IN BIONIC HISTORY!

<strong>
BONUS FEATURE: CYBORG 2.0

THE OSI HAS TURNED RACE CAR DRIVER BARNEY HILLER INTO THE WORLD'S SECOND BIONIC MAN!
HE IS STRONGER AND FASTER THAN COLONEL STEVE AUSTIN.
BUT IS HE BETTER?
FIND OUT IN THIS EPIC CLASH OF THE CYBORGS!

cyborgiiisotsbionicbob3.jpg

DVD Artwork created by OSI Super Agent -- RoguetheX

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
During this project's evolution over IN THE WORKS Thread, several Bigfoot-themed videos were posted.

For those you may have missed some of them, here is an encore of my favorites....

Lee Majors discusses Andre the Giant:

The classic series IN SEARCH OF ... hosted by Leonard Nimory:

My favorite drinking game show ANCIENT ALIENS (full episode!!!):

Lee Majors and Lindsay Wagner hosting a Sci-Fi Channel Bionic Marathon:

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That Ancient Aliens episode is a hoot. Everybody on the show must be smoking crack.

Chukha chukha on finishing, Bionic!

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr. Bob I have a question. Your In-The-Works threads for the edits are in-depth, fascinating tales, but there's something I don't remember if you've addressed or not.

Why is Fembots V and Sasquatch III? Will we get to see II and IV in the near future? Is every Canadian as awesome as you?

Ok, that was more than question. :oops:

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As much as the Canuckians, Neg is a righteous and a gracious brother. :cool:

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Off-Topic: I secretly wish I was Canadian.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a little Canadian in all of us. :D

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some company should package Canadianness in a transdermal patch.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Mr. Bob I have a question. Your In-The-Works threads for the edits are in-depth, fascinating tales, but there's something I don't remember if you've addressed or not.

Why is Fembots V and Sasquatch III? Will we get to see II and IV in the near future? Is every Canadian as awesome as you?

Ok, that was more than question. :oops:

Being Canadian is a state of mind.:canada:

The Cyborg edits are being produced out of chronological order. I have them all mapped out (yes I do! Honest! Now shut up Lucas and Straczynski!!!) but I create the ones that appeal to me at the moment. I did Cyborg V Attack of the Fembots after Retro-Con, just because it is my absolute favorite Bionic Crossover adventure. Also, it is an excellent example of how the television series evolved over its run. I followed Fembots V with Sasquatch III just because it may be the most famous Six Million Dollar Man episodes ever made and it was a very simple, fun story to edit.

Once the CYBORG series is complete ( I have 5 edits fully planned, though I am having so much fun making them, I could see this series reaching 7 to 10 total edits!!!!), if you rewatch them in order, you will see a more epic, shared universe story unfolding.... so take that Marvel Cinemaverse! LOL!

Colonel Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers will return in
CYBORG II:
The Bride of the Cyborg!

stay tuned.

;-)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
The Cyborg edits are being produced out of chronological order. I have them all mapped out (yes I do! Honest! Now shut up Lucas and Straczynski!!!) but I create the ones that appeal to me at the moment. I did Cyborg V Attack of the Fembots after Retro-Con, just because it is my absolute favorite Bionic Crossover adventure. Also, it is an excellent example of how the television series evolved over its run. I followed Fembots V with Sasquatch III just because it may be the most famous Six Million Dollar Man episodes ever made and it was a very simple, fun story to edit.

Once the CYBORG series is complete ( I have 5 edits fully planned, though I am having so much fun making them, I could see this series reaching 7 to 10 total edits!!!!), if you rewatch them in order, you will see a more epic, shared universe story unfolding.... so take that Marvel Cinemaverse! LOL!

Colonel Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers will return in
CYBORG II:
The Bride of the Cyborg!

stay tuned.

;-)

Sweet. Sounds pretty awesome. :) I've seen Cyborg I and V, will watch III soon. I'll keep watching them when they come out and once at least I-V are out I'll have a little marathon.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
That Ancient Aliens episode is a hoot. Everybody on the show must be smoking crack.

The History Channel's ANCIENT ALIENS is one of my favorite shows. Though now in its fourth (I think???) season, I think they are running out of material... LOL!:lol:

The thing I like about this show (and similar themed shows/books-- I highly recommend Graham Hancock's FINGERPRINTS OF THE GODS) is, though I don't always agree with their conclusions, they do ask very interesting and legitimate questions about human history and the world around us. There is a lot of evidence out there that contradicts the accepted mainstream history/science they teach us in school. As my favorite Vulcan would say... FASCINATING.:p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello Bionic Believers, encore Who's Who from the In The Works...

WHO IS COLONEL STEVE AUSTIN?

Steve was born February 5, 1942. (though his birth year has been altered a bit after Jaime was introduced into canon, so there would not be such a big age gap and to explain their childhood romance)

His parents were Carl and Helen Austin. His father was serving as a pilot in WWII and was presumed Killed in Action during a mission. This aspect was explored in the excellent episode "THE COWARD".

Steve's mom Helen remarries to Jim Elgin and he moves them to OJai, California where they start up a ranch. Their neighbors are the Sommers family and little Steve meets cutie-patootie little Jaime and it is love at first sight!

Steve shows great academic ability and exceeds in local sports throughout his high school. He also shares his father's love of flying and gets his pilots license while also serving in the local ROTC to earn money for college. At his senior prom Steve kisses Jaime for the first time!

Steve goes off to college, playing football for the school. He excels at the sport and is offered the chance to join the Pros but turns down the offer to finish his studies. He finally graduates with master degrees in aeronautical engineering, history and geology.

Steve then serves in the Air Force, though his military career is a bit vague. We know he flew recon during the Cuba Missile Crisis and he flew Helicopter Gunships during the Vietnam War. We know during the first 3-4 seasons of the show Steve wore a silver bracelet on his right wrist, and while never identified or acknowledged on the show, many watchers have identified it as a MIA/POW bracelet, suggesting Steve may have been captured during his tour in Vietnam. Or it just may have been a prop so Lee Majors and Stunt Directors would remember which arm was the bionic one...LOL!

After Vietnam, Steve began to test fly jets for the Air Force. It is during this time he first met Dr. Ruby Wells.
Steve's skills attracted the attention of NASA and he was selected to join the Apollo Program.
Steve was the last man to walk on the moon in 1972, this mission has been referred to during the run of the show as Apollo 17 and Apollo 19.

After the success of Apollo, Steve ambition turned toward the developing Space Shuttle Program and he was asked to test fly the next generation in Space Exploration Vehicles, the lifting body HL-10. Of course, this test flight goes horribly wrong, leaving Steve mortally injured and opening the door for Oscar Goldman of the OSI to sweep in and forever alter the future of our Hero!

WHO IS JAIME SOMMERS?

Jaime was born June 22, 1949 to James and Ann Sommers.

She was raised in Ojai, California, and even as a young child she displayed a great curiosity and a talent for mischievous behavior. She loved riding horses, climbing trees and often going where she was told not to!

In the third grade she first met a slightly older boy named Steve Austin. Immediately there was connection between the two. She dared the boy to eat one of everything in the school cafeteria, which he promptly did. Little Jaime walked poor tummy sick Steve home afterwards, but he got his revenge later by putting a lizard down Jaime's back! Ah.... young innocent first love!!!!

At the age of 16, Jaime's parents died in what was believed to have been an accident. Years later, Jaime would learn her mother worked secretly for the government. With Steve off at college, his parents took the orphaned Jaime in and became her legal guardians.

Jaime was an amazing athlete as a youth, particularly in the sport of tennis. While she could have gone pro in high school, she instead chose to finish her education, attending college and getting a degree as a School Teacher. Afterwards, he joined the professional tennis circuit and quickly rose through the ranks as a world class player.

Years later, while revisiting Ojai, she and Steve reunited and fell in love all over again. Steve proposed and Jaime accepted and the wedding was in the planning stages when a horrible skydiving accident left Jaime mortally injured. Steve begged/threatened Oscar to rebuild Jaime with bionics in order to save her life. Oscar complied, and the rest is super hero history! :-D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WHO IS OSCAR GOLDMAN?

Oscar was born on March 25, 1927, in Newport, Rhode Island. He had two brothers, Sam and another unnamed.

Little is known of Oscar's early life. We know he served in the U.S. Navy during the World War II, where he was involved in underwater demolition and intelligence work. He served in the Navy until at least 1962, as he was Admiral Richter's Executive Officer for Intelligence during the Cuban Missile Crisis. It is during this time he may been have recruited by the OSI.

Though it should also be noted Oscar must have attended Law School, as he served as a Public Prosecutor in the interim of leaving the Navy and officially joining the OSI.

Oscar's ambition and ruthlessness aided his climb up the OSI, til he becomes Director of the agency, answering only to the President or the Secretary of State. He initiated the Bionic Development Program and personally selected Steve Austin to be its first candidate.

On the personal side, it seems Oscar has never married or has any children, and has very few he counts as friends. On his one vacation in several years, he asked Steve to go with him. And though he has never directly admitted it, it seems clear like so many others, he is secretly in love with Jaime Sommers.

Patriotism is in his blood, and the keeping of America safe from her enemies his entire reason for existing.

WHO IS DR. RUDY WELLS?

Actually, this character's bio is pretty much an unknown mess.

Played by three different actors who were clearly three different ages, fans have not agreed upon a location or date for his birth.

We know virtually nothing about his early personal life. He does not seem to be married or have any kids.

His past seems to be have retro-conned a few times throughout the series. What we now accept Rudy is a highly regarded doctor/scientists (his exact degrees have not been revealed) for the OSI research and development program. He has made several significant scientific breakthroughs and discoveries during his career, with his greatest achievement being the creation of BIONICS. The first successful bionic limb recipient was Max, a German Shepherd.

During this time, Rudy was also seemingly attached to NASA, as he was Colonel Steve Austin's flight surgeon during his time in the Apollo program, and continued as his personal doctor when Steve returned to Test Piloting.

And that is pretty much all we know... :p

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WHAT IS THE O.S.I. ?

First off, what does OSI stand for...?

Most commonly it is referred to as the OFFICE OF SCIENTIFIC INTELLIGENCE.
But in the reunion movies it was referred to as the OFFICE OF SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION.

In some random episodes it has also been referred to as the OFFICE OF SCIENTIFIC INVESTIGATIONS
and as the OFFICE OF STRATEGIC INTELLIGENCE.

Just a confusing as its true name, is the exact mandate and powers of the OSI. It appears to be a publicly known agency as it is referenced in News Reports and Oscar Goldman is often being interviewed by the press in crisis situations. It has headquarters in Washington, DC, Los Angeles and it's main R&D complex in Colorado.

It seems to operate both domestically and abroad and is a division of the United States Department of State, as Oscar repeatedly takes orders from "the Secretary".

It seems its main function is the creation and protection of new technologies that are vital to the defence of the USA. Though the OSI has taken part in the security for Diplomatic Summits, criminal investigations and fighting terrorism and espionage.

The agency also seems to have some very broad powers, for on many occasions with a simple single phone call Oscar Goldman has terminated government defense contracts, halted other federal agencies investigations, ordered the delivery of nuclear devices and ordered the creation of new bionic cyborgs.

In fact, Oscar Goldman has served as the Director of the OSI for over 25 years, which may suggest how powerful and vitial he and the OSI have become for the security of the United States.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks Negify for taking the time to post a review.
Very much appreciated.

This was loads of fun for me! Sasquatch was a lot of sweet action and sci-fi and Cyborg 2.0 was a pretty cool little mini-episode. Bob&#8217;s editing here is pretty much top quality as well.
FANEDIT RATING &#8211; 8.75 (rounded up to 9)
Audio/Video Quality &#8211; 10
Visual Editing &#8211; 9
Audio Editing &#8211; 9
Degree of Editing &#8211; 7

(NOTE: &#8220;Degree of Editing&#8221; is a 100% arbitrary rating that I keep in mind when reviewing edits. This is not meant to insinuate that a faneditor is lazy or not. Some fanedits require a lot more work than others and I take this into account.)
MOVIE RATING &#8211; 8.5 (rounded up to 9)
Narrative &#8211; 8
Enjoyment &#8211; 9

OVERALL RATING &#8211; 9

:)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:

:lol::lol::lol:

It doesn't really matter, just so long as this thread keeps STAYING ALIVE...! :whoo:

:D:p;-)

Top Bottom