• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

CUE Creat

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This might fall under a "preservation" query.
A couple decades ago, I made several cassettes of a Big Band radio show for my father.
The hosts aired a lot of obscure material, and spoke knowledgeably throughout.
Disney bought the station in 98, jettisoned most of the staff, and aired a feed of kiddee tunes.
When my father died, family sent the cassettes back to me, knowing I was a music buff.

Using Audacity, I ran the cassette feed through the sound card and saved as a WAV file.
I cut some of the boring, national commercials, but kept some of the interesting, local adverts (like those for life insurance or funeral homes or undertakers).
I ended up with a single two hour file.
Have it on WAV, as well as 320k mp3.

Is there software that will create a CUE sheet for this?
Friends sent me a CUE splitter, but that only splits the long track using an exisiting CUE sheet.
I need to create one, and I ain't finding a gizmo for this.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, this ate up a chunk of hours.

I ended up chopping the WAV into pieces using Audacity and labeling each file.
Loaded into CUETools which generated a sheet.
Noticed the timings got progressively off, but I got everything sorted using my notes.
The biggest annoyance was there was 54 points! (Truth to tell, I have another mix with over 100 edits but I'm not quite that O/C).

If anyone would like a copy of this, shoot me a PM.
Again, this is Big Band music (Dorsey Bros, Count Basie, Russ Morgan, ...) with two older gents gabbing between songs.
If you have a grandpa in his 80s - who can play mp3 - he might like.

Top Bottom