• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Crouching Dragon—The Tiger Lily Cut

just had a chance to go thru captain khajiit's DVD version of Crouching Dragon. looks good; everything works; but couldn't find the drinking game :p. much thanks again to the captain for putting this together. the DVD is available on usenet.

:shock: There was a drinking game! It must have been too effective. I can't remember a blessed thing. Sorry, man. :-(

Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I've been wanting to delete my files, so now I can. I'm glad it plays okay.

:D

just kidding about the hooch game. but i should have put one in, just for neg.

images

aw, shucks, neg.

:tea:

This edit is exactly what I expected and hoped for from the genius and slightly demented mind of ssj! I watched this with a friend, and we absolutely pissed ourselves pretty much the whole way through. From literally the first subtitle we were in stitches, and with only brief pauses for breath, the next killer line would hit the screen.

It's a simple concept, but executed so brilliantly. Ssj's comic timing is spot on, and the perfect sincerity in the performances from the actors only adds to the comedy. I see the potential for a series here from ssj if he can be bothered, but regardless, this one is a comedy classic from the outset. So many great one liners.

Highly recommended! Technically it is spot on (I watched the HD version), and none of the cuts were noticeable. I did notice the dramatic change in volume during one fight scene, but ssj tells us this was in the original too. Curious.

I didn't expect this to be a replacement disk, but what do you know. I can't imagine going back to original when I know that the Tiger Lilly cut is on offer.

Well done ssj, I look forward to more of your wonderfully insane offerings in the future. 10/10

senkyu for taking the time to watch and kindly tap-a-tap, njvc! HD props go to the captain.

i love the "reactions" of the actors to the new dialogue. it's like they really feel it, you know? :)

Absolutely.

"Do you like Women?"
"What do you think?"
*lingering glance :-D

I atched it over two days (sorry not been rocking the fan-edits too much lately) and I liked it a great deal, there were a few instances where I laughed out loud butwith a delayed reaction because it took me a moment to process the dialogue. Like the line about "you god can lick cheezbuger, I'll rip you apart with my claws." Not sure why I laughed a good 4 or more times as I repeated the line to myself.

I think the silly dialogue compliments the film that was already fantasy but took itself far too seriously like some chinese soap opera.

well, omaru, as hans and franz once said: "hear me now and believe me later." :p

i fell in love with the original movie when it came out, but it'll now be forever corrupted. not sure whom to blame. :-D

Omaru1982 said:
I atched it over two days
Watch your language, this is a PG-13 forum.

:p

JetSetWilly said:
I've already got the man boobs, so I'm half way there :lol::lol:
well, it all does come back to hans and franz. i'm here to pump you up.

JetSetWilly said:
And, may I say, this film is totally bonkers.
why, thank you, good sir!

thanks for the review, yodableu! cheezus, those numbers from the yoda hisself. . . that's a rare honor.

and thanks for making us all jealous with girl+corn stories. ;-)

but c'mon, man. i trust the hot girl-on-yoda akshun was way more fun than my edit.

HOLY SHIT!

blueyoda never gives 10/10. The only 10/10s he's given before were for a couple Consecution shorts.

Even his boyfriend's edit he gave a 9.

enjoy, ssv!

but beware. disclaimer here.

altoiddealer, thank you for the review, and welcome to FE.org!

yup, the reaction shots are priceless. i'm not sure how the actors can keep straight faces after such exchanges. ;-)

and you're right—an english dub would never work. first of all, i wouldn't be able to play off the chinese-english homophones. second, where would i find grade A voice talent? lastly, i don't have the skill to flawlessly mix down the sound. working with subs really set me free, b/c i didn't have to run back to any actors with yet another rewrite.

thanks for watching! and let us know if you grow any man boobs as a result.

hey, brumous, thanks for taking the time to watch and review!

re: menstra hitting the road. . .

she does so soon after the death of the noodlekeep. she and jade mouse split up, at which point she no longer has the iron chef, but she reclaims it soon enough. by jade's twisted logic, fleeing their "normal" life will keep them out of trouble; if the viewer thinks jade is nuts for dropping their cover, then he/she probably has a more highly functioning criminal mind than jade, lol.

side note: in the original movie, the sword isn't much more than a macguffin, but here, it's menstra's path to serious effin' power. ;-)

I usually have an egg macguffin before work in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom