• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Crossing Mulberry Street

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
16063750784_b3af22e4b6_o.jpg

Original film title: Mean Streets
Fanedit film title: Crossing Mulberry Street
Date Original Film Was Released: 1973
Date Fanedit Was Released: March 2015
Original Runtime:112 minutes
New Runtime: 43 minutes
Time Cut: 79 minutes
Poster by: TM2YC

Intention: My intention with this edit was to make a more streamlined version of Mean Streets. This was originally a part of a planned project with Neglify and Dwight Fry to do a "New York Stories" compilation of shorts. This project never materialized so I decided to release my short by itself.

Changes Made:
This is not an exhaustive list, just the changes I remember off the top of my head.
- Changed opening
- Removed character intros
- Removed all voice over narration
- Removed side plot with dancer
- Reduced romance story line
- Removed all the religious themes

Technical Notes: There are two instances where sound drops out when a character is talking, this is inherent to the source material and not something I tried to fix.

Special Thanks: Neglify and Dwight Fry for previewing and providing feedback. TM2YC for doing a poster and for generously offering to host this short edit on his vimeo account!

Availability: Vimeo and the MPEG file is available (PM me if interested)

password: fanedit.org

Just finished watching this.

I have many Scorsese films in my collection but 'Mean Streets' is one of my least favourite. So I was a bit surprised how much I enjoyed this edit. I remember being pretty bored last time I viewed the original movie but this mini-edit flys along with a kind of dangerous energy. Makes me think I should give the original another go some time. Oh and I didn't notice a single cut :).

Thanks Gatos.

TM2YC said:
Just finished watching this.

I have many Scorsese films in my collection but 'Mean Streets' is one of my least favourite. So I was a bit surprised how much I enjoyed this edit. I remember being pretty bored last time I viewed the original movie but this mini-edit flys along with a kind of dangerous energy. Makes me think I should give the original another go some time. Oh and I didn't notice a single cut :).

Thanks Gatos.

Thanks for watching. Glad you liked it.

Looking foward to seeing this later.
Always love your edits and looking foward to seeing the Taxi Driver Rescored.

aweshum, katman--congrats on the release! (no, not that kind of release. negator, not that kind, either.)

will check it out later. cheers!

noss ahtverk, tm2yc.

rebue posted on internationalfaneditdoberman:

Gatos gives this slow burn of a film a shot of caffeine. De Niro's Johnny Boy cannon remains loose, and even with extensive cuts, there's enough left to tell that Charlie (Keitel) is having issues being in the family business. Which brings me to a recommendation: Scorsese should bring Gatos into his family business. Imagine a besuited Gatos making his rounds with the neighborhood editors and trying to keep situations from, you know, getting out of hand.

ssj said:
noss ahtverk, tm2yc.

rebue posted on internationalfaneditdoberman:

Gatos gives this slow burn of a film a shot of caffeine. De Niro's Johnny Boy cannon remains loose, and even with extensive cuts, there's enough left to tell that Charlie (Keitel) is having issues being in the family business. Which brings me to a recommendation: Scorsese should bring Gatos into his family business. Imagine a besuited Gatos making his rounds with the neighborhood editors and trying to keep situations from, you know, getting out of hand.

Thanks for the review [MENTION=10624]ssj[/MENTION] and thanks for watching!

Big, big fan of Mean Streets here. It's my second favourite Scorsese after my all-time fave After Hourse (yes, I'm weird). I don't think the original is slow at all, and I love every second.

It'll be interesting for me to watch such a radical edit of what I consider a near-flawless film. Looking forward to it.

Definitely looking forward to catching this. A Gatos edit is always worth a watch after all :)

LastSurvivor said:
Definitely looking forward to catching this. A Gatos edit is always worth a watch after all :)

Thank you, sir, you're too kind. Hope you enjoy it.

Can't believe I missed seeing this for so long. Here is my quick little review

This is a great streamlined get to the point edit. The story doesn't lose any of it's impact and is still a great experience. Editing was seamless

JJE-187 said:
Can't believe I missed seeing this for so long. Here is my quick little review

This is a great streamlined get to the point edit. The story doesn't lose any of it's impact and is still a great experience. Editing was seamless

Thanks for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Back
Top Bottom