• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: Legacy of Oliver Queen

PART TWO TRAILER...

Still waiting for all three to be released so I can watch them back-to-back. I sure hope WBarner Animation releases an edition that combines all three into one, like with The Dark Knight Returns and The Long Halloween.

I have a feeling that James Gunn is reserving the Psycho Pirate treatment for Peacemaker in the DCU.

Watched PART TWO....

Over all, I liked it but it still feels like it is falling short in its true potential.
For a cosmic crisis of multiverse, the cast is incredibly small. This is animation! There should be no limit to the number of cameo characters you could populate the background with... and yet the scale feels at times very pedestrian.

While we do get appearances of some classic DC characters, but with the exception of one, they are all Tomorrowverse versions.
So far, no big nods to the Timmverse (again, except for one) or the Super Friends era.

However, there are some elements that this version is doing better than the original source material.
Such as the development of Psycho Pirate and the corruption of Harbinger.
And this version of the Anti-Monitor is very different. Different good or different bad, I won't know til Part Three.

In the end, I was entertained but I just wanted MORE.

Much like Part One, I give it 7 out of 10 until I watch the final chapter.

Last edited:
I couldn't even make it through Part One. It was just so staggeringly mediocre.
Fair point. I think the enjoyment level is wholly dependent on one's connection to DC Tomorrowverse, as every plot point or character is tied to one of the past movies, and unfortunately, most of those movies were very, very bland and forgettable.

Fair point. I think the enjoyment level is wholly dependent on one's connection to DC Tomorrowverse, as every plot point or character is tied to one of the past movies, and unfortunately, most of those movies were very, very bland and forgettable.
Definitely, I thought Superman: Man of Tomorrow was pretty good until it completely fell apart in the 3rd act. JSA: World War II had similar problems. Long Halloween was fine, but nothing special. But, starting with Beware My Power, things went downhill extremely quickly in which each subsequent film pulled the exact same "shocking" heel turn of a hero for no particular reason.

I tapped out after LSH and returned only to see if Crisis on Infinite Earths adaptation might be worthwhile, but, like I said, I couldn't even make it through even half of the running time.

And, keep in mind, I am an enormous DC nerd. If you can't even keep a diehard fan like myself interested, I can't imagine what the audience for these things were meant to be.

I wonder if WB even cares about the diehard DC fans anymore.....
Given how small the number of hardcore DC fans is, I honestly can’t blame them. You can’t only appeal to your most ardent fans, but, if even the nerds are shrugging with disinterest at your product, that’s generally not a good indicator that the general audience will find it compelling.

Unfortunately, they have to prep these animated movies so far in advance, they aren’t able to course correct in any way. They just have to pick a lane and hope it works. With this particular incarnation of the DCAU, they clearly fumbled. The last version inspired by the New 52 wasn’t much better, but at least it had one or two decent movies.

Back
Top Bottom