• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

CRISIS COUNTDOWN Part One

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

There is a Crisis Coming.
A Crisis that threatens every life in the Multiverse.
And Three Arrowverse Heroes are the key to the survival of all of existence.

The Green Arrow embarks on a mission for the Monitor to create a weapon for the coming Crisis.
The Flash must prepare his Team for his prophesized demise so they can save billions of timelines.
And the Martian Manhunter, with the aid of Supergirl, must come to terms with his dark past so he can become the hero needed for the future.

A Crisis is coming, and the Countdown has begun!

This Fan Edit mixes various storylines from the series ARROW, THE FLASH and SUPERGIRL to tell the tale of the days leading up to Arrowverse crossover event of 2019 -- CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS!

COUNTDOWN PART ONE clocks in at 2 Hours 28 Minutes (148 minutes)
11 episodes = 462 minutes
314 minutes cut.

It is comprised on the following episodes:

ARROW:
"You Have Saved This City" season seven
"Starling City" season eight
"Welcome to Hong Kong" season eight

SUPERGIRL:
"The Quest for Peace" season four
"Event Horizon" season five
"Stranger Beside Me" season five
"Blurred Lines" season five

THE FLASH:
"Legacy" season five
"Into the Void" season six
"A Flash of Lightning" season six
"Dead Man Running" season six

13G MP4 File

PM me if interested. :)

Last edited:
...and some sample clips:

Example of reframing/zooming to remove series title cards:

Example of taking two separate scenes and combining them into one:

And here for some fun, added some Needle Drop:

@Profit THANKS so much for your glowing review. 😁

It is good to know the pacing works. I always question myself when the edit goes north of the 2 hour mark, never wanting the audience to feel like they have to slog through to the finishing line. Luckily, while the three stories are not directly connected, they do share many of similar themes, allowing the narrative to feel cohesive.

@bionicbob You've got a good eye for story beats and pacing. And the skill to weave it together seamlessly. Makes the review process easy :)

I am overly excited for Crisis PT 2 :D

Hey bionic,
Any way you can give me a chronology of your DC CW films, as someone who is unfamiliar with the universe as a whole but wants to watch your films?

Any way you can give me a chronology of your DC CW films…
1. Invasion
2. Crisis on Earth-X
3. Elseworlds
4. Crisis Countdown Part One
5. Crisis Countdown Part Two
6. Crisis on Infinite Earths (though I don’t know if this will be one movie or two yet)

7. Armageddon ( maybe??? Lol)

Plus, I would love to eventually go back and create some origin movies for the Arrowverse Trinity.

Countdown part 1 was really good. I was happy to see Katana back again in live-action, her action scenes were on point 👌I didn't know that the actress who played Yukio in The Wolverine, did also play Katana, great casting choice!

@bionicbob, was Batman with Oliver on that desert island? What's up with the cowl on the shore? It really attracted my attention.

@bionicbob, was Batman with Oliver on that desert island? What's up with the cowl on the shore? It really attracted my attention.
It is a fun Easter Egg. Of course in the original pilot, we saw a Deathstroke mask and later learned Slade Wilson was on the Island with Oliver.

So was Bruce Wayne on the Island with Oliver on Earth-2? And since Earth-2's Oliver Queen never returned from the Island, did Bruce kill him?
The mysteries of the Multiverse.... :unsure::)

@DirtyCop1036 THANK YOU for your review!

My only complaint isn't toward BionicBob who did the best he could do to bring all these series together, but on me who didn't followed all the ArrowVerse shows, that's why I got lost at some points (Batman's cowl on the island, Flash & Iris' daughter from the future. . . etc). But overall, it's a great watch.

My hope is by leaving these type narrative elements in the fan edit, it feels like our heroes are part of a larger world. That these Crossover Fan Edits are just a small slice of their lives. And maybe, if I have done my job right, viewers will become enamored enough, that they will seek out or revisit the adventures of their favourite Arrowverse Hero. ☺️

1. Invasion
2. Crisis on Earth-X
3. Elseworlds
4. Crisis Countdown Part One
5. Crisis Countdown Part Two
6. Crisis on Infinite Earths (though I don’t know if this will be one movie or two yet)

7. Armageddon ( maybe??? Lol)

Plus, I would love to eventually go back and create some origin movies for the Arrowverse Trinity.
The problem in splitting up Infinite Earths is that while there's a great end point for a part one, I don't feel that the concluding 2 episodes of the crossover work as a film. Since Episode 5 is mostly an epilogue. It would also be a really short feature even if you kept every single second of it. Anyway, it might not be worth it since all 5 episodes combined come at about 3h30 hours. An epic length, but in the same ballpark as movies llike The Lord of the Rings.

The problem in splitting up Infinite Earths is that while there's a great end point for a part one, I don't feel that the concluding 2 episodes of the crossover work as a film. Since Episode 5 is mostly an epilogue. It would also be a really short feature even if you kept every single second of it. Anyway, it might not be worth it since all 5 episodes combined come at about 3h30 hours. An epic length, but in the same ballpark as movies llike The Lord of the Rings.
Good points. The recent AVATAR 2 was 3Hours12minutes. And the Snyder Cut was 4 Hours.
What I am considering now, is maybe give COIE chapters within the movie, or at the very least, have an intermission between the ZERO HOUR and REBIRTH portion.

THANK YOU @MusicEd921 for your wonderful review.

... I was worried that it would feel like a long clip show that gave us the essential info, but I'm glad that that is NOT the case. While we do have multiple stories running at once, they are all as fleshed out as they can be and it never feels like its 2+ hour running time.

I can't believe my original concept for Countdown was a single 90 minute movie!?!? But I quickly realized if I went that route, it would essentially be a Clip Show or one very long Previously On..., and the much needed emotional investment and character exploration would be lost, and ultimately weaken the final installment of COIE. Thus, 90 minutes has become 5 Hours! lol

Bob's Arrowverse movies are needed now more than ever with Marvel's newest phase being a bit daunting and subpar and DC films going through it's own crisis and eventual rebirth.
You made me blush! 😊

@JMPredator THANK YOU so much for taking the time to post a review!

Very happy to hear you enjoyed the edit. :)

My only nitpick would be that at times, the narrative felt like it was drifting away from the core focus of building to Crisis. Specifically, i felt the Blood Work arc from Flash Season 6 contributed little to the narrative that was not already being explored by the other flash season 6 scenes with Barry coming to terms with the knowledge of the impending Crisis and how he chooses to deal with it.

Interestingly, in my original draft for Part One, there was significantly less Bloodwork. But once I started crafting Part Two, I realized his integral role in both Cisco's and Well's storylines, so I went back and fleshed out his arc further.

And I am happy with the result for two main reasons...
One, I love the thematic duality of Barry and Ramsey. Both seemingly facing a death sentence, and each reacting very differently.

And two, and this is just me being selfish (though I always preach -- fan edit for yourself first lol), but Bloodwork arc is one of the best Big Bad storylines in many A Flash seasons, and I wanted retain it as much as possible. Plus, it's a Super Hero movie, Barry needs something to punch in the Last Act. 😂 :ROFLMAO:😂

THANKS @Nic for your review. Always love your passionate analysis! 😊 Very interesting thoughts about Malefic's introduction. Perhaps on another Earth, events did unfold that way... ;)😁

It’s a brief moment that reminds you that these are edits of tv shows that have commercial breaks, so in that way the choice is justified, if slightly unfortunate.
Yes, the dreaded commercial break can be very narratively frustrating when editing. Occasionally I will try to seamlessly blend them together, particularly if there is dramatic moment I don't want to lose. But mostly, it is just easier to go with the flow, and embrace them as mini-cliffhangers to move back and forth from different storylines.

@Fran_Garcia THANK YOU for taking the time to post your review, it is always truly appreciated. :)

The only moment I was lost was with Flash & Iris’ daughter from the future...
That opening portion of the fan edit was truly challenging... how much to tell? What is really important to know? To tell Nora's story properly would take another movie length fan edit LOL. Hopefully, the emotional gist is conveyed enough -- Barry and Iris are dealing with a dramatic loss -- to sell their opening act and motivation?

Hopefully, the emotional gist is conveyed enough -- Barry and Iris are dealing with a dramatic loss -- to sell their opening act and motivation?
You are totally right. It is a great motivation and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom