• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Creepshow 2 Creepier Edition

The Wanderer

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

I actually finished this edit a few years ago, and thought it would be a good choice for my first fanedit to post here. But I see that I need a "fanedit-in-the-works" thread before I can apply to post the fanedit. So here we go!

I started this fanedit just to add the distinctive original Creepshow theme music that was missing from the sequel, and tighten up the very slow "Chief Woodenhead" story. But I then heard that The Cat segment from Tales From the Darkside: The Movie (directed by Creepshow 2 producer George A. Romero) was actually originally written for Creepshow 2 (by Romero, from a story by Stephen King), but didn't get filmed because the budget was too low. So I added this segment. Then I swapped around the order of the segments to put Chief Woodenhead later, since it's still not a strong segment to lead with. I had to cut some of the animated narrator (The Creep)'s dialogue and move some of it around to make this work - but it actually worked quite well since he doesn't have great lip-sync anyway! I used a few shots of the comic book ad pages from Creepshow (with a music cue from Creepshow) as a transition into the Cat story, so it's the only one that doesn't have a proper intro from The Creep, but I think it works pretty well.

Hopefully I'll be posting it as an official fanedit soon!

Last edited:
That is one seriously awesome poster! Top notch!

This edit is currently being previewed by myself but will be final reviewed for approval by @JasonFlippy. Thank you so much for your dedication and support of the forum!

This is a fantastic idea for a fanedit, Wanderer. I'm very excited to see how it turns out.

Solid rationale there, looking forward to watching. Rewatched the first one just recently which I think has aged well.

I had to read this about four times to realize who you were talking about. Why do you give people's screen names nicknames?
It's one of my autie quirks. I've always done it with people that I feel a camaraderie with. Sorry you were confused. I fixed it.

Last edited:
It's one of my autie quirks. I've always done it with people that I feel a camaraderie with. Sorry you were confused. I fixed it.
Sorry for coming across so negative. But thank you for explaining.

Back
Top Bottom