• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Creating a smaller sized (resolution) video on a black screen?

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am using Womble and I want to create custom end credits for my fanedit. I want to do the style of end credits that have been done in " Super Troopers" , "Dazed and Confused" and "The Deer Hunter" (Although I don't remember if the clips in the end credits of Dazed and Confused or The Deer Hunter take up the whole screen or not): where clips from the movie are shown with no audio (or no audio from the actual clip and just a song). And the clips don't take up the whole screen. And each clip features a part of the movie with a different character and the actor's name underneath the clip.

I hope my description is clear and detailed enough.

Any help on how to achieve the desired effect would be greatly appreciated!

I doubt you'll be able to do this in Womble, you'll probably need VDub and Vegas to pull it off.

hopefully one of the Vegas using members will be able to give you more pointers.

nOmArch said:
I doubt you'll be able to do this in Womble, you'll probably need VDub and Vegas to pull it off.

hopefully one of the Vegas using members will be able to give you more pointers.

Ah ok. Thanks for the response nOmArch

You mean like the end of Predator? If you wanted to avoid paying for Vegas, you could do it in Avisynth, encode your video with HCEnc, import it back into Womble and smart render. You would have to calculate how to resize your clips if you did decide to make them 1.78:1. (I think this kind of ending sequence works better in 1.78:1, but that's just my preference.)

Captain Khajiit said:
You mean like the end of Predator? If you wanted to avoid paying for Vegas, you could do it in Avisynth, encode your video with HCEnc, import it back into Womble and smart render. You would have to calculate how to resize your clips if you did decide to make them 1.78:1. (I think this kind of ending sequence works better in 1.78:1, but that's just my preference.)

I actually don't remember the end credits for Predator. Thanks for the Avisynth suggestion, I will try that out and see how it works. I may scrap this end credit idea. I may be trying to get a bit too fancy on my first fanedit!

This can be done in Womble. I don't recall how I did it but I was playing around with the effects and did it a while back.

I'll try to remember what it was that I did and post back later.

Phantom Stranger said:
This can be done in Womble. I don't recall how I did it but I was playing around with the effects and did it a while back.

I'll try to remember what it was that I did and post back later.

Thanks Phantom Stranger!

So you'll want to start by playing around with the "translation" filter. If that's not giving you the desired effect, then add the clipper and/or cropper filter and adjust accordingly. After you get what you're looking for, then go back and add credits.

Phantom Stranger said:
So you'll want to start by playing around with the "translation" filter. If that's not giving you the desired effect, then add the clipper and/or cropper filter and adjust accordingly. After you get what you're looking for, then go back and add credits.

Nice! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom