• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Creating a "frame" in Photoshop

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there a way to create frames in photoshop. If I have a few jpegs and I want to put a thin white or black (or whatever color), frame around each of them, can i do that, and if so how? Thanks.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if you want to put a frame or border around an image, apply a "stroke" layer effect. Go to LAYER -> LAYER STYLE -> STROKE... you can adjust the settings to your liking.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it took me a while to find stroke. It's rather a clunky way of doing it in my opinion, and it's not at all intuitive. I wish Photoshop had proper borders for text boxes, as Quark does.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
if you want to put a frame or border around an image, apply a "stroke" layer effect. Go to LAYER -> LAYER STYLE -> STROKE... you can adjust the settings to your liking.

Thank you.

UnknwnFactor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
Yeah, it took me a while to find stroke. It's rather a clunky way of doing it in my opinion, and it's not at all intuitive. I wish Photoshop had proper borders for text boxes, as Quark does.

I think NewBlue has a set of plugins for Photoshop (CS4 and higher) that includes this very thing. I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

Top Bottom