• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Create a space scene with Photoshop in under a minute

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We've all seen beautiful space scapes made by pros and probably everyone thought as I did long time ago, "that should be so hard to create". In fact it's not hard, it's even quite easy to create such space scenery using Adobe Photoshop and the beauty of this technique is that no matter what, you will never get the same result twice because it's based on the Render Clouds filter. Of course, you can use free Photoshop planet brushes or free Photoshop stars brushes to enhance the space scene. Now let's see what we can create in one minute...

First of all we need to open Adobe Photoshop then create a new file.

01.jpg

Set the background and foreground colors to their default values by pressing D key. Then go to Filter - Render - Clouds and generate some nice clouds.

02.jpg

Then go to Filters - Render - Difference Clouds to have some fibrousines in our nebula. If you want, you can repeat this step few times by pressing Ctrl + F after generating Difference Clouds.

03.jpg

Now we need some color for our star dust, so press Ctrl + Alt + ~ to load the luminosity as a selection, grab the gradient tool, set to colors in the same range (a light blue and a darker blue in my case) and drag from corner to corner to fill the selected pixels.

04.jpg

Repeat the last 2 steps in another Layer and this time change the gradient color (I went for green) then press Ctrl + L to bring up the Levels dialog.

05.jpg

Play with the sliders until the result catches your eye and hit OK, then set the blending mode of this Layer to Screen.

06.jpg

There you go... a neat space scenery created in less than one minute. Of course, some of you may say it lacks the stars, but I would have passed the one minute limit of this category. I will deal with the stars in a future tutorial. Until then, keep safe and have fun.

07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom