• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Covers on fanedit.org

bad_karma24

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Whenever I try and download covers on fanedit.org I always get an error such as:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /extended_editions/adm_superman/adm_superman.rar on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Eh?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what you can do:
downlaod from the site, when you are onit.
what you cannot do:
download via download link, when you are not on FE.

iCoty

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
also may want to consider setting up a PHP based gallery, which can be got for free of course. This can track who downloads what, how many downloads a cover has gotten and people can leave comments.

Also, it allows people to upload covers directly to the site...

5acrifice

Reaction score
Trophy Points
iCoty said:
also may want to consider setting up a PHP based gallery, which can be got for free of course. This can track who downloads what, how many downloads a cover has gotten and people can leave comments.

Also, it allows people to upload covers directly to the site...

Hey, iCoty, is there any chance I can take a look at some Hi Res versions of your Captain America, The Flash and 94' Fantastic Four covers?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I cannnot take care of another gallery, but I do have the resources, so if someone wants to create it, email me.

youley

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i seem to be having a problem downloading the cover art on the images pages also, some work fine others tell me they cant find the website?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
just tell me, which don't work, mabye the link is wrong.

youley

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i was trying to get hold of the artwork for the terminator extended edition by krackerg24, i looked at a few other pages and it seems i have no problem when i have to click the image to get the artwork but when there is a link below i just dont seem to get anywhere. I tried right click and save as, and just clicking the link. If it helps i`m using aol and internet explorer are there any known issues with this ?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no that I know of.
Could you try and use IE without aol for one time?
I downloaded the cover ar tand it worked fine (using firefox)

youley

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i just tried ie no joy, think i'll give firefox a try. Thanks for checking for me and sorry for wasting your time

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
youdon't waste my time, I want this to work for everybody so I am of course interested in solving your problem.

iCoty

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For me, i can never donwload the images when I use Safari, but when I use Firefox I have no problems...I never tried downloading with IE since I am on a mac

bad_karma24

Reaction score
Trophy Points
In all honesty, none have worked for me that I can think of. I was just trying to download Superman Returns and POTC 1, and I can think of more that I just get the same error on. bleh.

Finn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe I'm being obtuse here, but I can't even FIND the covers, and I'd rather like some of the newer covers for Hannibalised and Kirkless Generations, but I'm utterly unable to find the files anywhere on the site.

just give me a hint...

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ehm... it is either clicking on the image or there is a link: downlaod cover art.
The covers are of course under IMAGES for every fanedit.
You enter on the main page, there is a menu on top, which says: HOME - IMAGES - ALL FANEDITS
home gets you to the starting page
images takes you... guess where :)
and all fanedits takes you to a collection for all the fanedits this particular faneditor has created or given FE info about.

Finn

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
ehm... it is either clicking on the image or there is a link: downlaod cover art.
The covers are of course under IMAGES for every fanedit.
You enter on the main page, there is a menu on top, which says: HOME - IMAGES - ALL FANEDITS
home gets you to the starting page
images takes you... guess where :)
and all fanedits takes you to a collection for all the fanedits this particular faneditor has created or given FE info about.

Something isn't right..... its not there on mine. All I've got is Fanedits, where to get them and the community, here is a screenshot:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/Ki ... itpage.jpg

where am i going wrong?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, this is the starting page, also called home.
From there you can select where you want to go, let's say to true fanedits, then you get a list of all true fanedits.
Pick one.
The fanedit will be displayed, the above menu will feature IMAGES, if there is cover art available.
Whew, I never knew it was any complicated to navigate through FE.

Top Bottom