• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Covers by TMBTM

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A cover art for the upcoming PANDORA edit by JasonN:

pandora3dviewbytmbtm.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That Nemesis cover looks awesome! The back is screaming for some text though ;)

Independence Day is decent, but could do without the floating heads on the back - the standard movie poster technique that always looks lame.

Great work though! you have really been busy, and its nice to see new artwork :)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[youtube:3d3hc23b]

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks it was hard to find high resolution pictures for those 2 last artworks though.
So they are not as "sharp" as Pandora, but I tried to "smooth" some pixels that were showing too much in photoshop, I think it's okay.
And yes, I usualy do not have many ideas for back cover text! Specialy when I did not see the edit. So I go for names or some few text provided by the faneditor in the edit's info.
(plus I'm always afraid to make english fault or typo)
I'll try to look more at others people's work to come with idea for back text next time.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
totally understandable. you don't need much though. The disc specs are a really nice addition (duration, video format, audio type, special features, etc). That fills up some of that space. For text, I generally rely on what the editor posts for the website summary, and/or synopses from IMDB.

Sometimes simplicity really works, and you need no text, othertimes it obvious it just was left off. I think the Independence Day cover works without text just fine. Those floating heads fill the void.... However the Nemesis cover shows a perfect space where text could have / should have gone.

Just some thoughts :) really great work otherwise!

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Or maybe a ST symbol.

Top Bottom