• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Covers by Neglify

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't really consider myself a great cover artist, but I like some of the covers I've done, so I figured I'd make a thread for them.

L.A. CONFIDENTIAL RECUT:
laconfidentialdisplay.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcluum18d119uf9

This was my first finished cover. It's not the greatest in the world but I'm fairly happy with it. I probably will redo it someday because the back is kind of a mess.

BLUE VELVET EXTENDED EDITION (for jswert123456's upcoming edit):
bluevelvetdisplay.jpg

(No download link since the edit still being worked on and the cover may change.)

I don't care what anybody says, I'm proud of this one.

HALLOWEEN II ANGEL MEYERS (for steFANedit):
displaypu.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?8wdruqhmie0rnvk

Pretty happy how this one turned out as well.

THE THING: THE TOON-THING EDIT (for Toonloon)

Cover 1:

*Nothing to see here. Move along.*

Cover 2:
thethingcover1adisplay.jpg

Cover 3:
thethingcover3display.jpg

(No download links due to the edit not being submitted to the site.)

I'm really happy with how Cover 2 came out.

SCREAM 4 RECUT

Cover 1:
scream4cover1display.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?pyh3zksm6f4r94s

Cover 2:
scream4cover2display.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?a76boi7dd72dz1q

Uh-oh, I've said too much.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the covers for The Thing :)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very noss, man. the BV cover is elegant and spare.

all The Thing covers look good, but where are the rest of the fantastic four? :oops:

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I don't really consider myself a great cover artist, but I like some of the covers I've done, so I figured I'd make a thread for them.

I'm glad that you did. I have never really thought all that much of your LA Confidential cover, but your covers for The Thing are great, especially the second one. Nice work, man! :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
very noss, man. the BV cover is elegant and spare.

Thank you man. It's much better than the official DVD cover (in my opinion) which amped up the sex to try to make more money.

Captain Khajiit said:
I have never really thought all that much of your LA Confidential cover

Join the club. I really wish I had the skill to pull off the scandal magazine cover I wanted to do. Maybe one day I will.

Captain Khajiit said:
your covers for The Thing are great, especially the second one. Nice work, man! :)

Thank you Cap'n.

QuickCut

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, the second Thing cover is really amazing.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Toonloon and I have been tweaking Cover1 for his edit of The Thing. He made some great additions to the back. I came up with an alternate disc art.

thethingcover2finaldisp.jpg

Looks a lot better overall to me.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let's see how many people notice these.

departeddisplay.jpg

jackiebrowncover2adispl.jpg

screamvhscover1adisplay.jpg

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dude, nice covers. but the ones that have "neg" on them, those are all active projects? if so, you must have eight arms and several demon seed brains or sumptin'. :-D

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
dude, nice covers. but the ones that have "neg" on them, those are all active projects? if so, you must have eight arms and several demon seed brains or sumptin'. :-D

Only one is an active project. But in the interest of trying to improve my Photoshop skills I made covers for future edits.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Same question as ssj: Are those active/planned projects? You are hinting at that yourself, questioning whether or not we'd notice them :)

EDIT: nvm. Simultaneous post/answer :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Let's see how many people notice these.

departeddisplay.jpg

jackiebrowncover2adispl.jpg

screamvhscover1adisplay.jpg

These are awesome, although I don't much care for the back of the Jackie Brown one. The front is great, but the back looks amateurish. The Scream cover is my favorite, and I'd love to hear more about that edit.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
daz cool. time in the studio means your kungfu will only get stronger.

220px-The.Way.Of.The.Dragon.1972.Bruce.Lee.flex.front.jpg

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
These are awesome, although I don't much care for the back of the Jackie Brown one. The front is great, but the back looks amateurish.

Amateurish? What are you implying? Oh wait... nevermind, I'm totally an amateur. Point taken. Here was the first version:

jackiebrowncover1displa.jpg

Frantic Canadian said:
The Scream cover is my favorite, and I'd love to hear more about that edit.

I will talk about it in due time...

But thanks for the comments. Glad you like them!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Amateurish? What are you implying? Oh wait... nevermind, I'm totally an amateur. Point taken. Here was the first version:

jackiebrowncover1displa.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the front cover, but the back cover just seems like it's lacking something. I know what you were going for, it just doesn't feel right to me. Just one man's opinion though. :)

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the front cover, but the back cover just seems like it's lacking something. I know what you were going for, it just doesn't feel right to me. Just one man's opinion though. :)

I totally value opinion and critiques. It's one of the reasons I decided to post the covers now, so I can see what works and what doesn't. I fully know that I'm not great at cover art, specifically when it comes to the back cover on some of them. This cover is hard because the front is so awesome (in my opinion) that I just don't know what I should do on the back. Definitely keep the opinions coming.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the jackie brown front cover looks ab fab; love the GTA theme. decreasing the number of pictures on the back cover cleared up the clutter, imho.

one thing i noticed about the first rendition of the back cover is that the photos have varying lighting/contrast settings and head sizes.

perhaps cartoonizing the photos on the back cover will bring it stylistically in line with the front. just a humble suggestion, of course. it's your playground--i'm just peeking at it from the sidewalk.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks ssj. Yeah, those images I used in the first rendition (with the back imitating the front) were various stills I found online. If I were to stick with that idea I'd redo all the images with screengrabs from the film and make them all the same (or similar) size in regards to angle of the characters.

As for "cartoonizing" them, I thought of that, and if you can see, I added a very slight "posterize" effect to the photos.

In the end, I'll go with something else completely, most likely. Plus, I haven't even started editing it, so I got some time.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The editor of "The Thing - The Toon-Thing Edit" has decided to not share his edit with this site. And he told me he's not "cut out for these forums" and he "asked the admins to scrap the submission". As well, he told me, "Please feel free to do anything you wish with the artwork we worked on together."

So now that he's peaced out, I can say that Cover #1 was his cover mainly. I followed his strict guidelines for making the cover.

thethingcover2display.jpg

I always felt it sucked. Then he sent me an updated version of the cover.

thethingcover2newesttoo.jpg

There were some good little additions he made (except for that red line on the left side of the back). It made me wonder though, since he obviously knows how to use Photoshop (he made all those credits himself in PS) why did he ever ask for someone else to make a cover for him?

Anyway, I said I wanted to make new disc art and thought this was sweet:

He rejected it. He didn't want to use any image from the '82 version of The Thing because his next edit was that film. So I make a new disc:

I thought it was pretty boring and uninteresting but he loved it.

Oh, and for the record, he never liked my Cover 2:

thethingcover1adisplay.jpg

He was upset that I replaced the pictures on the back. The two pictures on the back of Cover1 were supplied by him and are from the deleted scenes he put in. But they look really bad to me. So I put new pics on Cover2. Also he supplied the logo for the cover of #1 and he didn't like that I used a different logo for Cover #2.

I said I'm not changing Cover2 and posted them all in this thread.

Anyway, he says I can do anything I wish with the artwork...

67396-delete-key.jpg

thethingcover11display.jpg

I am still pretty proud of Cover 2 though. So that will stay.

EDIT: Man, I was really upset when I wrote this. What a baby I was.

Top Bottom