• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Covers By AstonMartins4Me

AstonMartins4Me

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's my first non-competition cover.

It's for Dangarratt's SpiderMan 3 Fan-Edit: "No Sandman Edition".

previewupdated.jpg
previewdiscupdated.jpg

Links to the art:
Cover: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7914/spiderman3copy.jpg
Disc: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3730/spiderman3dvdcopy.jpg

Criticism is welcome.

Art Updated on 19 October 09 with minor modifications to text.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
VERY nice! I for one have nothing to criticize. Maybe the name of James Franco on the front should not be so much into Peter.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Superb!
A couple of errors I picked up:
- there's 2 "t's" at the end of my handle... :)
- and there should be a "was" after Sandman in the sentence "Sandman removed for reasons..." (and, yes, I know the original mistake was mine! :oops: )
I really liked the picture on the back cover - awesome work.
Thanks arty-type dude. You rock! :-D

AstonMartins4Me

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dangarratt said:
- there's 2 "t's" at the end of my handle... :)
:shock: I can't believe I did that. Will fix both things and re-upload when I get the chance.

AstonMartins4Me

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Artwork in first post has been updated with the corrected spelling of Dangarratt and the added "was" in the blurb.

AstonMartins4Me

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's another one. I'm a bit of a James Bond fan so I decided I should give a Bond fan edit a go.

It's for Tubes' Fan Edit "Pressure Point".

pressurepointpreview.jpg
pressurepointdvdpreview.jpg

Here's the art:

Cover: http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2390/pressurepointcopy.jpg
Disc: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1266/pressurepointdvdcopy.jpg

I recommend viewing the full versions if you can, as much of the finer details are lost in the little preview.

I tried to do something different from my usual style with this one and give it a very sleek and classy look. As always criticism is welcome.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
a very nice one.
One more cover art and you qualify for the selection of "best cover artist 2009" for our annual FE awards. :)

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Daaaaamn those are nice! Very slick.

One minor gripe: James Bond is definitely NOT the longest running film franchise in the history of cinema. You might want to change that to "longest running english language film franchise.."

Other than that, GREAT work! It even rivals AvP's covers in my humble opinion (no offence to AvP, that was actually a compliment to both of youse!).

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:) wow very nice covers.
every artist here has a unique style and yours is remarkable.
I like your use of "image ribbons" (or whatever you'd call it) across the fronts.
keep up the great work!

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

CasmirRadon

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AstonMartins4Me said:
Here's one for CasmirRadon's (yet to be approved) MI3 fanedit: "MI3: The Casmir Cut".
A lot of work went into this one and I think (hope) it shows. As always criticism is welcome.

Wow. I am awed. This is really beautiful, and I completely love it. I can't believe how many beautiful covers you've managed to make in such a small amount of time. Thank you so much. Maybe I'm biased, but I like this one the best so far, the colors are great (second favorite so far is that amazing Bond cover).

The only spelling issue I could see was an incredibly minor one in the description, "intow" should have a space in it like "in tow."

I'll be submitting my edit for approval later today, and see no reason it should be rejected, so hopefully we can get another of your pretty covers on the main page soon.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
T-HOPE said:
Wow, this one is awesome!

I agree!
It's now printed out and sitting proudly in my DVD collection, looking pretty pro on my shelf. In fact, it looks better than some of the studio covers!
Thanks again for an awesome job AstonMartins4me. :)

Top Bottom