• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Covers and Criterions by Dugnutt

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been making a few covers for my own and other edits, so I thought why not make a thread. 

Here's a Criterion-styled cover for @"Adywan"'s Star War's Revisited to start off

11zDfoi.jpg

It's still a work in progress as I need to add some text on the back spine box thing. Not sure what to put there, but suggestions are welcomed.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Using the criterion style is proving to be a popular art choice

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can see why, it looks very neat and tidy. Its a good asthetic

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's one for Empire Strikes Back, haven't put anything in the Special Features bit yet as I don't think he's released the disc yet. Also need to figure out what to put in the box bit. 

EO2y06Q.jpg

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's one for the eventual Return of the Jedi Revisited

Vcr5f58.jpg

theryaney

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great covers! I really like what you've done with the Mcquarrie art.

For the text, how about:
Adywan is dedicated to creating the best version of the original trilogy of Star Wars. He is a passionate Star Wars fan, geek, and all around awesome person who wants to achieve what the Special Editions should have done. You can see more at originaltrilogy.com and fanedit.org.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, here is what is a finalised version of the SW:R Criterion. 

UdSN6SB.jpg

Next cover will most likely be for one of my favourite fanedits and the one that showed me that I could make a film better myself with just a computer.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
One of the greatest fanedits ever created, Jack and Jill Extended Edition by @"Neglify" 

aG075IR.png

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On your SW: Revisited cover there are some minor typos (you said should of unstead of should have). Other than that, it looks very good.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Awesome. I did make that one in HD, but I don't know if the actual BD-25 was ever fully assembled and uploaded.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"tomahawk"'s The Incredible Hulk: Extended Edition

jQiW07n.jpg

There isn't much artwork for TIH because I assume no one really likes it, so I used the artwork from the MCU Phase 1 Box-Set

WingMantis

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I really like these covers. I marked up the Star Wars cover with some suggestions to strengthen the layout

Also, see the triangular rock behind the lucasfilm logo? That would be a perfect place to put the FE logo. Just slide the other logos to the left.

DVD Special Features could also be moved up above where I indicated, then align the baseline of the dvd features list with indicated red line

Ideas like wrapping text around the sun would work well on the Jedi cover as well. On the back page, the text could be slanting/tapering to smaller and smaller lines so as to follow the direction of the storm trooper's back on the speeder bike.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Realised I've had some covers sitting around for a while for some upcoming and released edits, so here are few. The colours are wrong on the 1st Seinfeld cover and the Spider-Man 3.1 for some reason. But looked fine before I uploaded, so uh.

Seinfeld: Extended Season 1&2 
Hv05J43.jpg

ttkwJDS.jpg

Age of Ultron: Extinction Edition 
khcFYRS.png

This one is still ITW kinda 
t8FzTrB.jpg

Spider-Man 3.1 - The Hybrid Cut
gMXawkO.jpg

Justice League - Ultimate Edition
aBiqsOF.jpg

zfbshVM.jpg

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Made a cover for X-Men: Days of Future Past to replace the photocopied rental cover I currently have

zqXLzmP.jpg

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
These are great - What would make me feel whole as an editor is having one of your fanedit collection covers for my edits.....hint hint :p

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last Impressions said:
These are great - What would make me feel whole as an editor is having one of your fanedit collection covers for my edits.....hint hint :p

Here's a work in progress cover for your La La Land edit
xa2PFUq.jpg

Fonts, placement among other things are not yet final, but I'd like to know your, first impressions ;)

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice job....love the fact they are not dancing LOL -I'm thinking maybe the colour yellow of Mia's dress will pop when you add the criterion(esque) template . Looking forward to seeing the final product....and thank you

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt!  I am getting ready to release my Star Wars II and III fanedit called “Revenge of the Sith: A Star Wars Story”… 

Would you be willing to give a go at doing a cover art for it?  

If you accept, could you please try one out that uses this teaser poster?  
https://goo.gl/images/TD2xdg

Let me know… thank you!

Top Bottom