• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

cover by boon23

and the next one:
3djpsitebcoverso1.jpg

looks good Boon, I love the texture you used. My only comment is why did you use the 1st person for the details on the back? It makes it read like the DVD or cover edited itself. Other than that, its a pretty rad looking cover

Well, I just used what SWP wrote.

one for croweyes1121's THE NATURAL EXTRA INNINGS EDIT
3dnaturalvm7.jpg

That JP:Site B cover is good, but why are both of the pictures on the back from JPIII?

well, I am not a real fan of the series... I had just no idea, so I thought: hmmm... dinosaurs. :)

Yeah I could see that Boon. I like the first two Jurassic Parks but I didn't even notice the 'Spinosaurus' on the back. If you are interested you could make a cover of that for a future edit I had in mind combining JP2 and 3 to make one Site B film.

Boon, how do you make 3D rendering like above with Photoshop ? I would like to try my hands at it

the 3D rendering is a free sofware called imandix.

Thanks, I'm trying to find a similar tool for mac, thought it was one !

nope, but here is my offer: send me your cover via email and I send you back the imandix.
my email address is: boon23 at faneditforum dot com (I am not printing it here to avoid bot spam mails.

Cool, I made an extensive search trying to find a similar soft for mac, to no avail, thanks in advance.

voodl's 5th element prime evil

3d5thelementpeav2.jpg

creation history:
I was looking for unusual and most of all not too close to the original cover art images and luckiyl I found some nice images, so I decided for the white front, contradictory to the darker theme, but with an anxious Leloo. I thought it would by just fitting this way. the backgroun image was much smaller, I made it go further into space.
For the title font I wnated soemthing Alien,so that is what it is on the spine. the fron font is from the original wallpaper.
As for posting info, I didn't have much, so I went with what voodl wrote.

thats cool. i like the front a lot, very different from the commercial releases. curiously enough is that a trek font on the back? final frontier maybe?

oh yes it is a TREK font. Bravo. Good eye. It is just called "Star Trek Bt"

i think the font on the front looks very similar to one called crackhouse. If you wanted it to match the spine you could probably use that font and add a little extra outside noise like what is on the front artwork. but that might detract a little from the alien feel that you mentioned in your post above.

Back
Top Bottom