• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

cover by boon23

24722098fv0.jpg

Hmm, is that Starship Troopers something we haven't heard about yet? Nice cover.

nah, it has been discussed (very shortly) in the true fanedits section, but it is heading for a release tomorrow. Voodl made it and send it to me to author it. And while I was on it taking a sneak peek and seeign that it actually wrks, i created a cover art for it (using a somewhat more unusual poster).

and the next one:
3dvillagedz3.jpg

^ The front of that is bitchin', Boon.

thanks, I had fun working on that front. A lot had to be replaced and added... but finally I got the wooden door in the size I needed.

And for the back I kind of took advise from killbillme, bcause he is right, we don't have to fit to merchandising rules. A cover shoudl be just fun to look at and it SHOULD look special, like it wasn't bought, but mabye masterfully created (not that I am a master in that, but I am sure having fun).

boon23 said:
thanks, I had fun working on that front. A lot had to be replaced and added... but finally I got the wooden door in the size I needed.

And for the back I kind of took advise from killbillme, bcause he is right, we don't have to fit to merchandising rules. A cover shoudl be just fun to look at and it SHOULD look special, like it wasn't bought, but mabye masterfully created (not that I am a master in that, but I am sure having fun).

That has been my approach for a long time. If I wanted to do a retail cover, I could just download a template and stick poster art on the front, which a good number of designers do.

Some of the work I am most proud of I created from scratch, painting the textures etc...lately though I've been doing more retail style stuff just in the name of efficiency...

Anyway, this isn't about me, sorry. Keep up the great work.

The Village cover is fantastic.

I love covers that dare to be different. The retail covers, generally now, are just head shots of the stars because stars sell DVDs.

f1209 said:
The Village cover is fantastic.

I love covers that dare to be different. The retail covers, generally now, are just head shots of the stars because stars sell DVDs.

agreed. i don't like to see the damn actors on the front typically. It makes every cover look the same. The concept and poster art for films are usually really cool, and I prefer to see them used more. I like the front you have created for this last one boon. cool cover

"the village" font is from the original poster, I only extracted it and put it to a different postition.

for rev beastley's aka ratman's extended waterworld (awaiting disc 2):
3dwwcoverboon23bn8.jpg

looks good boon. No shameless fanedit.org promotion on the cover???

damn... I must have forgotten it. ;-)
Nah, it didn't feel like needing that.

3dbttfcoverno3.jpg

a coverart for BACK TO THE FUTURE - COMPLETE TIMELINE

well, I am updating the website and these are the ones that have no cover art... and I am currently enjoying this. I know these are all quite basic, but suitable as a beginning.

a cover art for the extneded edition of THE PRODUCERS by wmgan

3dproducerskn4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom