• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

cover by boon23

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
7h for 3 covers...
modernknife deserved some art for his newly approved releases so here they are:
for KILL BILL - THE WHOLE BLOODY REMIX:
3D_boon23_killbill_twbr_cover.jpg

download here

I could not resist the odd front image, so I designed the cover art fitting to it. Yellow again, when I first was planning on black. :) This is my 4th or 5th Kill Bill cover and I think so far it is my best one. Difficulties were the placing of the front title and the presentation of the fanedit title. I chose to include the blood stains here and tried to make the inside font fitting to it. The character images on the back are not best quality, but should suffice.

for LEGEND - THE TANGERINE DREAM EXTENDED EDITION:
3D_boon23_legend_TDEE.jpg

download here

there are not many images for this movie and the best ones were already used for Leonenut's release, so I decided for an entirely different take and used the poster art that contains only the title and the poem. Again I created the back to fit to the front. The image in the middle of the back was not best quality, so I could not use it in a bigger size but with the additional screenshots I think it looks quite good. I added some swirls for a more playful atmosphere and decided for a mix of a typed font and a handwriting font, which I think works quite well.

for STAR WARS EPISODE 1 - THE PHANTOM EDIT REDUX:
3D_boon23_phantomeditredux_cover.jpg

download here

There are so many cover arts for phantom menace edits that there can hardly be anything new. Also this is an old fanedit, so I decided for a classic take on a Star Wars PT cover. For the back I used the image that is always used for the front, but semi transparent to make it only support the back. I think the underlying golden square to hold the credits and text works quite well.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great work boon. The SW front is cool, and I absolutely LOVE the Kill Bill cover.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
here is my take on GODZILLA : ZILLA by white43

a very difficult one as there are hardly any images available. So I had to use the official DVD / poster front and could play a bit with the back. First I made the green one, but then thought the movie actually is more blueish.

3D_boon23_zillablue_cover.jpg

download here

3D_boon23_zillagreen_cover.jpg

download here

zeppelinrox

Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon, will you be doing more LOTR covers for Kerr's edits?

Say yes....

please?

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Personally, I feel that Kill Bill Cover is your best to date, and you make some really great covers!

Very well done!

InfoDroid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree. That Kill Bill cover kicks a whole lotta ass. One of the best I've ever seen. That Cloverfield one is nice too.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
my take on YourMamaVideo's "The Others".
I just wanted it to be different than the original DVD cover. Unfortunately the number of hi res images is very limited. The poster art I used for the front is quite nice IMO and I used a handwriting font, which worked well for the Japanese poster (which you can see on the back).

(download here):
3D_boon23_theothers.jpg

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
my take on emrabt's METROPOLIS MORODERED!!:
a very simple one, yet I liked the front.

3D_metropolis_morodered_by_boon23.jpg

you can download it here

my take on Spence's STAR WARS: REVENGE OF THE SITH - THE SPENCE EDIT
I wrote a nice little essay about the phantom editor on the back. The front is not the typical image, that's why I chose it. I like the spine and how Spence's title is included.

3D_sw_revengeOTS_cover_boon23.jpg

you can download it here

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool cover...but "revenge of the phantom"?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you haven't read what the fanedit is about, right?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice covers Boon but there's a couple of typos on the SW one.

Known as the PHANTOM EDITS these tow works of professional editing art, were shared hundreds of thousands times though the internet and even more from one Star Wars fan to another.

should read

Known as the PHANTOM EDITS these two works of professional editing art, were shared hundreds of thousands of times through the internet and even more from one Star Wars fan to another.

there's also a typo in the section where you talk about the PE having dinner with GL. The words "while discussing" actually appear as "whil ediscussing". And it looks like there's a space between the r and the n in the word "return" in the phrase "However, after this meeting the Phantom Editor did not return to finish the trilogy."

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
actually it should be:

Known as the PHANTOM EDITS, these two works of professional editing art were shared hundreds of thousands of times through the internet and even more from one Star Wars fan to another.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
issues corrected. Thanks for the help, guys.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
in case there will be a DVD of this one I have created cover art:
3D_accountability_cover_by_boon23.jpg

you can download it here

I liked this poster a lot and thought, hey, why not create an ink saver cover from it? There you go.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cover art for Harman's "Rise And Fall Of Harvey Two-Face"

3D_tdk_RAFOHTF_cover_by_boon23.jpg

download here: https://images.fanedit.org/fanedits_cove ... boon23.rar

history:
found a nice image of a jokerized Harvey, removed the original writing and replaced it with the fanedit title. For the back I used some scratchy font to point out the most important changes. Title was written in simple Arial, as that is the new Batman font. A pretty fast one.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great cover!! yeah, sometimes the easiest ones still look great :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cover art for gekko's "Watchmen Legacy"

Well, I thought the first Watchmen fanedit should definitely be presented WITH cover art, so I decided to make it. Since it is a new and famous movie, there are A LOT of images in high quality available for it. The one I picked fo rthe cover just seemed perfect for a vastly cut version that kept the overall plot intact. I added the Watchmen smiley to replace the watch that was on the original image. Finding the Watchmen font was using google not hard at all.
For the back I used the same image for consistency and replaced the image inside with one of Rohrschach, because this edit is even more about him than anything else. I altered the perspective of gekko's info text (to make it not personal) and out it on the back in the same font as the title.
For the disc art I stuck to the idea of using parts of the Watchmen smiley and bend the title to adapt to it.
All in all this is a work of 2h. A fast one.
watchmenlegacy_3D_by_boon.jpg

download here

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
very nice art. I am a fan of the way the cover resembles the comics (with watchmen written up the side) I was hoping all the DVD releases would follow suit (black freighter and motion comic did, but feature film didnt?) so it'd be a reflection of the comic book covers essentially.

I LOVE the disc art, great (albeit simple) work.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cover art for the extreme fanedit of Beowulf & Grendel:
it has a fun title, it is only 1/3 of the original movie, so it had to be something appropriate yet extreme. Finding images was not an easy one, so I took this one:
bw_poster.jpg

and deleted all text from it. Mirrored it, so Gerald is on the front.
For the title I used some old type font and added dimensions and cracks to it for better impact.
for the fanedit title I picked a font that looks like a modernized old font and put it in HUGE letters on the front and back, to underline that this one is special and drastically different to the original.
3D_beowulfandgrendel_BSTE_cover_by_boon23.jpg

(download here)

Top Bottom