• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Cover Art Submission

OnlyOneKenobi

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Throwgncpr - I will! Haha.

Neglify - thanks for clearing that up, sorry and no probs I'll get it right next time. For info (it could just be a problem my end but I've tried a couple of browsers) - the link to templates on the submit page doesn't appear to be working? Finally, a quick question - what's the best practice for sharing the 3D mock-ups with everyone? Submit to you and you publish it or just put it on here myself for critique?

Many thanks guys

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OnlyOneKenobi said:
For info (it could just be a problem my end but I've tried a couple of browsers) - the link to templates on the submit page doesn't appear to be working?

Fixed, thanks for spotting.

OnlyOneKenobi said:
Finally, a quick question - what's the best practice for sharing the 3D mock-ups with everyone? Submit to you and you publish it or just put it on here myself for critique?

I do the 3D mock-ups with Imandix. You can do your own mock ups but I'll most likely redo them as I keep them consistent.

I suggest you check out how other Cover Artists do their presentations here. Read through some then if you feel like it start your own thread with your sweet covers.

RollWave

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For cover art, the photoshop templates provided in the resources section are all DVD sized.

Is there a blu-ray sized coverart template available?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
RollWave said:
For cover art, the photoshop templates provided in the resources section are all DVD sized.

Is there a blu-ray sized coverart template available?

I could have swore I put the BD template in that rar file, but nope I didn't. I'll PM you the template (and PM it to an Admin to include).

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"gerdundula" I notice both if your image files are under 200kb. I'd suggest using an image hoster and embedding your covers rather than the mega links.

daedal

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is uploading a link here first still the right procedure for cover art? it appears I could already upload by myself in the Gallery...

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Guidelines have changed. Users are able to upload posters for IFDb approved edits using the gallery area of the site. Only posters for finished, submitted and listed edits are allowed.

Top Bottom