• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

COUNTDOWN Part TWO --The Crisis is Coming!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
full

The Arrowverse Crisis Saga continues!
As the Crisis looms closer, the stakes become more dire!
Green Arrow must team up with his grown children from the future to build a weapon to save the Multiverse.
The Flash turns dark just when the world needs him most.
And a new foe emerges for the Martian Manhunter and Supergirl to face.
Will our heroes be victorious in their trials?
They better be! As only they can save us all from The Coming Crisis!

This is a TV to Movie Fan edit. It intertwines storylines from the CW series Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl. There are literally hundreds of cuts, trims and changes. The objective to keep the focus on our core heroes and jettison all filler plotlines.

Episodes used....

ARROW:
Star City 2040 (season 7)
You Have Saved This City (season 7)
Leap of Faith (season 8)
Present Tense (season 8)
Prochnost (season 8)
Purgatory (season 8)

THE FLASH:
There Will Be Blood (season 6)
License to Elongate (season 6)
The Last Temptation of Barry Allen Pt 1 (season 6)
The Last Temptation of Barry Allen Pt 2 (season 6)

SUPERGIRL:
The Quest for Peace (season 4)
In Plain Sight (season 5)
Dangerous Liaisons (season 5)
Tremors (season 5)
The Wrath of Rama Khan (season 5)

15 episodes X 42 minutes each = 630 Minutes
Countdown Part Two Runtime = 3 Hours 18 Minutes (198 minutes)
432 MINUTES CUT!

17G MP4 File
PM me if interested.

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some sample clips from Countdown Part TWO...

The Opening Scene...

Deleted Scene with Oliver and The Monitor...

Allegra removed from Dark Flash arc...

Elongated Man scene...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
WOWZERS!, as Booster Gold would say! @Nic THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a thorough and detailed review! It made me smile!!!

Where to start....?
Another editing choice I have mixed to positive feelings about is the necessary evil of Rhama Khan in the Supergirl portion. From what I understand, Rhama Khan was a big deal for the remainder of Season 5 of Supergirl,
In terms of storytelling, this was the most challenging portion of the edit. I had to get Lena to the Fortress, but I did not want to touch the Leviathan arc. Hopefully this solution works -- in this reality, Rama Khan is just baddie working for Lena. And this sort of still works in terms of the Supergirl show continuity too, because Post-Crisis, the producers basically reboot the Leviathan storyline.

On one hand, when Malefic appears to have been sent to the Phantom Zone & Ramsey fully becomes a villain feel like climaxes of Part 1, while Adult Miaā€™s introduction does feel like a beginning of Part 2, making me wonder if there was a way to move the Flash & Supergirl scenes back to Part 1 & give us edits of roughly the same length
In retrospect, that probably could have worked, but it would have required adding another Arrow storyline to balance them out and while I really enjoy the Thea episode, it really does not add anything to the driving Crisis narrative. And the honest truth is, even though I have a basic outline and notes, I am mostly an instinctual editor and did not really have Part Two fully formed when I completed Part One. In my original outline, there was no plan for the Flash to go Dark or Lena to break bad. Those only happened because I realized I after releasing Part One that I had a plot hole of how Team Arrow discovers Lyla's alliance with The Monitor. Thus, Oliver had to go to Russia and I suddenly needed more story to balance out his arc. In the end though, I think it worked out for the best, as the character arcs are stronger for it imo.

But one thing I did know and remain committed to, was this is Oliver's story first and foremost. Thus, both Part One and Part Two open and close with Oliver. And I knew that I would bookend Part Two with Billy Joel's Lullabye, which I opened Part One with, as I view it as Oliver and Mia's theme.

Glad you enjoyed the other Needle Drop Music Moments! They are a blast to make. The Mia flashback was by far my favourite one to create. With each new edit, I feel I have become bolder with using new music. I imagine COIE will have a significant amount of new music.

After COIE, I may need a brief break from the Arrowverse. But I do have plans for more installments. šŸ˜

Last edited:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@Fran_Garcia THANK YOU very much for your review!

The final climax with the instrumental version of Countdown was really fun to make and there is nothing better than a music montage to help distill multiple storylines down to their pure essential elements. But I really encourage Arrowverse fans to revisit the original Flash and Arrow pre-Crisis story arcs as they are excellent. :)

Top Bottom